[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gulf-coasters, this don't look good

wiegie

:wacko:

Man, when it rains it pours (certainly no pun intended) ... but looks like Hurricane Hannah is just chillin' in the Atlantic north of Puerto Rico just waiting for Gustav. Early reports are that Gustav is going to act a lot like Fay did in Florida and the South: lingering, swinging back around for multiple jabs. :D And then if Hannah follows as Gustav is on-land... man, that'll suck.

All the best to you guys, y'all know I definitely have a lot vested in this with family down there. Keep us posted and stay safe.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the vibes and prayers...

tonight I took the wife and kid out to eat and it was again weird as the Emergency Alert System interupted the college games every 15 minutes with an update. People are a little more like zombies now... like...is this really coming?

I have figured out that the two massive oaks in my back yard are directly East from my house which isn't that good during the "middle" part of the storm. I am assuming the strongest winds should come from the South initially and then shift East and then West.

I will keep ya'll posted as best as I can.

Edited by SuperBalla

I appreciate the vibes and prayers...

tonight I took the wife and kid out to eat and it was again weird as the Emergency Alert System interupted the college games every 15 minutes with an update. People are a little more like zombies now... like...is this really coming?

I have figured out that the two massive oaks in my back yard are directly East from my house which isn't that good during the "middle" part of the storm. I am assuming the strongest winds should come from the South initially and then shift East and then West.

I will keep ya'll posted as best as I can.

Chad, and all you guys, stay safe. Thoughts and prayers being sent from New York.

Very eerie feeling driving through Hattiesburg on the way to Destin. Lines at gas stations with people filling up 5 gallon containers. We seriously debated canceling our trip but we felt confident we'd be far enough east. Looks like we'll be ok here. Prayers to you guys in the path. It looks like it's going to be bad.

Armed, stocked with food and water, more than enough fuel for the generator which will be wired directly to my main. Chad....... We are good! I will be posting until right after we lose power. Battery backup gives me 15 mins. I will post again as soon as we get it back.

I won't argue with you...but I'd hope that you reconsider. Slayer too...this is worse than Katrina and twice the size. Weapons, food, and a generator won't save you from 100+ winds and flooding. My friends...leave. Katrina hit you on the west side...you and I both saw Rajn's neighborhood as it hit him on the East side...pure devastation. I saw clothes and furniture 30' in the trees...those, of course, that managed to keep limbs.

I won't argue with you...but I'd hope that you reconsider. Slayer too...this is worse than Katrina and twice the size. Weapons, food, and a generator won't save you from 100+ winds and flooding. My friends...leave. Katrina hit you on the west side...you and I both saw Rajn's neighborhood as it hit him on the East side...pure devastation. I saw clothes and furniture 30' in the trees...those, of course, that managed to keep limbs.

Not leaving. This is our closure. We will stick this storm out and then to be honest we are done with New Orleans. It is too much to rebuild again!

Not leaving. This is our closure. We will stick this storm out and then to be honest we are done with New Orleans. It is too much to rebuild again!

Staying thru the storm, only to move away when its over? Why not just bolt for a few days early?

Not sure I get it, but stay safe, brotha....and God be with all of you in the south....looks to be another devastating direct hit.

EDIT: I am a partner in a Doubeltree Hotel in Atlanta, and an asset manager of a Hilton Suites there. I know its a ride for you guys in new Orleans, but PM me if there is anything I can do for any of you.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Tom,

I wish you guys the best. I know exactly how you feel bro, but I really wish you'd consider leaving as well. As you know, I now live in Mobile, AL and we're not feeling like we're out of the woods yet. Even if it stays on path, I may go East a bit, just to keep the wife and kids from having to experience Tropical Storm force effects. Being in a house when water is rushing in the front and back doors and not knowing when it will stop does something to a person....some so more so than others. I am usually asleep by now....but I am concerned, not only for my family and the decisions I must make...but my friends and everyone in the possible path. Take care and God bless you all. :wacko:

Staying thru the storm, only to move away when its over? Why not just bolt for a few days early?

Have to echo this. You missed me last time you were in Detroit. I want to have the chance to fix that one day. Get out Tom. To hell with the 'things' in the house. Those can be replaced. I know you said your mind is made up and that you've already spent the cash to stay. Find a way to get out anyway. Hoping you reconsider.

Why?So you can show the storm who's boss?

What the others said-get the Hell out.

I'll be praying for you all. Hope fighting the hurricane(s) brings you the same kind of closure Lieutenant Dan got.

For those of you staying in GNO, the gang-bangers are not leaving. They don't watch TV and to get on a bus, they would need to give up their guns. Plus, they like the "Mad Max" quality of the destruction and lack of law enforcement. If your house has power when everything else is dark, it will act a a beacon for them. They will go from being 2% of the population to 20% of the population. Even if you're armed, you have to sleep sometime.

You may ride out the storm fine, but then have problems in the aftermath.

I know this is the worst-case scenario, but YOU REALLY SHOULD LEAVE!

The only good thing is that the cops won't have to account for their bullets.

Do you have an axe to get through your roof? They said on the news that if you are spotted by the police in New Orleans, you will be arrested. I know this is hard...think about it bro.

You see tbimm...now people don't like you and they are questioning your intellectual abilities. This storm is projected to be a Cat 4 when it makes landfall. Move all your furniture to the middle of the room, put all your 'valuable' schit on your furniture, and go visit any of the huddlers who've opened their home to you. You could come to Florida also but Hanna is bouncing around out there so I'd advise against that.

You know, the only thing to be gained by dying in this storm is that you become the punchline in a number of jokes...after a few years...you know that time and distance makes everything funny, right?

I understand that you are making a stand tbimm. But there is a time and place for everything and this just does not seem to be that time...and N.O. is definitely not the place. Please rethink while you still have time to do so. You have a whole passel of people worried about you. Whatever you finally decide... I am hoping for the absolute best for you.

To all the Huddlers in the path...... please take care! And keep in constant touch please.