[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Champions Sign In

Go Skins

I won our league here at the Huddle, BOTNH($). My star players had a down week duing our week 16 superbowl but they managed to give me enough points (84.58) to win the title by slim margin. After averaging 120 pts a week during the season I was definitely lucky to win the superbowl with only scoring in the mid eighties.I started the guys that got me to the superbowl and though most of them had a bad week 16 they're the reason I won the championship. My week 16 starters were:

QB T.Green(207 yds/2 td's)

RB T.Barber(129 yds/6 recpt/0 td's)

RB L Tomlinson(67 yds/3ecpt/0 td's)

WR S Smith(18 yds/1 recpt/0 td's)-ejected

WR R Wayne(21 yds/2 recpt/0 td's- played 2 series I think

TE C Cooley(41 yds/5 recpt/1 td)- good scoring in playoffs week 15/16

PK J Brown(4 xp's)

Carolina Def(9 pts)

I had over 150 pts in week 15,first week of playoffs and LT,Smith and Wayne SUCKED week 16, but hell they helped me to a 13-3 season and earned me some decent coin.

I guess I'd have to share team MVP honors with:

LaDanian Tomlinson- 355 pts.

Tiki Barber- 320 pts

Steve Smith- 309 pts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won my BOTH league (DOH) Superbowl thanks to the late surge by LJ. Here's my roster. It's a 14 team keeper league. LT and Westbrook started me out right and then LJ took over for Westbrook when he went down. My WR's were solid if not spectacular.

1 QB Brees, Drew SDC 10

2 QB Favre, Brett GBP 6

3 QB Garrard, David JAC 7

4 QB McCown, Josh ARI 6

5 RB Johnson, Larry KCC 5

6 RB Rhodes, Dominic IND 8

7 RB Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC 10

8 RB Moats, Ryan PHI 6

9 WR Harrison, Marvin IND 8

10 WR Smith, Rod DEN 9

11 WR Stallworth, Donte' NOS 10

12 WR Cooley, Chris WAS 3

13 WR Parker, Samie KCC 5

14 K Graham, Shayne CIN 10

15 DF NY Giants DEF NYG 5

16 DF Washington DEF WAS 3

On I/R RB Westbrook, Brian PHI 6

I was 11-2 in reg season, won last 9 games and sqeeked out a win in the 2nd round, won big 129-87 in the Championship. local 12 team league (combo of 2 leagues that lost some guys and joined together, my 1st year with them).

QB: Garrard, Brunell (dropped Favre for Garrard, which payed off)

RB: Alexander, Caddy, SJackson, Moats, Morriss

WR: C.Johnson, TJ Housh, Glenn, Givens (dropped Driver)

TE: Crumpler, Troupe

K: Graham

D: Giants

:D:D:D

Here is my Super Bowl starting line-up:

Matt Hasselbeck SEA

Larry Johnson KC

Rudi Johnson CIN

Torry Holt STL

TJ Houshmandzadeh CIN

Jerramy Stevens SEA

Josh Brown SEA

Bengals, Team Defense CIN

Looking at the line ups of the winners I think this year is really showning that Running Backs win championships in Fantasy. I don't know if that was the case last year, but this year more than ever. Look at the starting QB's on these teams, they are not high draft choices.

Looking at the line ups of the winners I think this year is really showning that Running Backs win championships in Fantasy. I don't know if that was the case last year, but this year more than ever. Look at the starting QB's on these teams, they are not high draft choices.

1240730[/snapback]

My response to blip's post:

My QB's were not big studs or high draft picks(Trent Green,Michael Vick) In our league you could keep up to 3 players from the previous year(can keep a max of 3 years). I kept only Tomlinson. I got Green in the 6th round and Vick in the 10th round. While they didn't light it up, they produced enough to keep me on the winning side. I was banking on filling my early rounds with the best available rb's and wr's and getting a QB in the later rounds. It worked for me this year in that my rb's and wr's produced the bulk of my fantasy points (LT,Barber,S.Smith,R.Wayne), with Green and Vick being serviceable enough to help me win the title. With the production you can get by drafting a QB in the laters rounds I just think it's futile to waste an early round pick on a QB when the guys you get in the later rounds aren't that much of a drop from the few tops guys that may go early. Touchdowns for all players in my league are 6 points. As I said , getting a QB later in the draft worked for me this year. It could be different next year but I'm thinking it won't.

Edited by DocNiner52

Looking at the line ups of the winners I think this year is really showning that Running Backs win championships in Fantasy.  I don't know if that was the case last year, but this year more than ever.  Look at the starting QB's on these teams, they are not high draft choices.

1240730[/snapback]

It wasn't RBs that did it for me, it was QB-WR, in fact I only started 1 RB in all my playoff games.

My lineup:

Palmer

Various RB

SSmith

Boldin

Galloway/Moulds

Housh

Roy Williams

I won the 12 team league I was in, and trust me this is why many people hate fantasy football.

Some how I get lucky and win my division purely on lucking out matchup wise, and continue that trend right through the SB. The top seed gets knocked out right before the SB, and I am sure he would have beat me senseless, nevertheless, here's my roster.

TE Required league, starts QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, TE, D and K

QB- Hasselbeck

QB- Garrard

RB- Dillon

RB- Portis

RB- Moore

RB- Rhodes (dumped my horrible draft pick Benson)

WR- S.Smith

WR- Wayne

WR- Curtis

WR- Kennison

WR- A. Johnson

TE- McMichael

K- Elam

D- Pitt

It actually pains me to look at it, I am still shocked I won.

Won my local auction league with the following lineup

T Green (Bulger and Warner both went IR on me)

Tiki Barber

Larry Johnson (started R Johnson or L Jordan before Priest went down)

T Holt

R Williams

A Gates (TE manditory)

N Rackers

Pittsburgh D/ST

played against SA, S Smith, Palmer, and C Johnson the first round and James/LT in the Superbowl

In my Keeper league the guy that had Larry kept him on his practice squad (so his years of eligibility would not start) instead of activating him...missed the playoffs because of it.

Manning, Eli QB NYG

Johnson, Larry RB KC

Parker, Willie RB PIT

Boldin, Anquan WR ARI

Moss, Randy WR OAK

Witten, Jason TE DAL

Kaeding, Nate K SD

Patriots, DST

Anderson, Mike RB DEN

Jones, Kevin RB DET

Brown, Reggie WR PHI

Clayton, Mark WR BAL

Lelie, Ashley WR DEN

Parker, Eric WR SD

Rackers, Neil K ARI

Broncos, DST

After a 3-6 start I won 5 in a row to close out the season and snag the final playoff spot.

Well I won the Super Bowl in my local good$ league, but it was easy! We play two halves, and the winners then play weeks 16-17 (total) for the top prize. Since I won both halves I played against myself, and I won!!!!

This is a small # of teams (only 7 this year) with strange starting lineups - 4 RBs for example!. My 4 in the woulda-been SB were S. Alexander, Tatum Bell, Larry Johnson, and Julius Jones yet to play! This did mean something though, since our money is also based on total points for the year, and this week still counted!

:D

Just won both of my local leagues, the only two I am in. First championships ever keeper league since 1994 and redraft since 2003.

I went 7-2 after TO was suspended, including the playoffs, and saved him on my roster. (Keeper league)

Kerry Collins (Palmer issue)

Rudi Johnson (Mistake)

Jamal Lewis

TJ Houshmanzadeh

Andre Johnson

Jason Witten

Paul Edinger

Panthers

Saving Collins when he was benched, rewarded for my patience. Benching Elam for Edinger for the only time all year and the Panthers defense was the key.

Redraft league:

Kyle Boller

Larry Johnson

Andre Johnson

Drew Bennett

Chad Johnson

Erron Kinney

Jeff Wilkins

Falcons

As you can see it was two low scoring wins but I was deeper than most teams and I am honestly very proud of the teams I built and the planning, depth wise I did.

I don't post much but I do read alot of stuff posted and I think just reading everything keeps your mind in the game and keeps you thinking about rosters and trends.

So a BIG Huddle thanks for helping with the season. :D

Donutrun added to a week 16 head-to-head league crown by winning both our salary cap leagues in week 17 ... one by 108.9 points and the other by 2.14 points after erasing an 82 point deficit in the final two weeks!!! Those victories came despite wiffs from Gates and AJohnson in the final week!! :doah:

3 titles in 5 leagues ... :D

The other two? Well, our Bismarks finished a respectable 167th in the Huddle MVP Challenge while our flagship, the Jellies themselves, faltered this season, finishing 3rd in a 14 team league -- unable to claw back back from losing Deuce, Bulger, DBennett, and DJax; drafting AJohn, Lelie, and JJArr; and trading for Jamal ... :D

Lookin' forward to the Smackbowl!!! :D

Gore did ok for my opponent, but in the end Bledsoe and Holt had pretty poor games for him. So I am league champ and points champ for this season. That, plus 5 weekly points champ prizes, and my winning a bunch of side-bets attached to my record and points totals gives me over $1200 in cash and prizes, plus bragging rights :D

Won week 17 superbowl (TE required) with:

QB-McCown

RB-LJ

RB-Toefield

WR-Fitzgerald

WR-Holt

TE-Hilton

K-Stover

DST-Dolphins

Won best record/high point for the regular season also. Core starters were:

Palmer, Edge, Sjax(LJ 2nd half), Holt, Fitz, Elam - I would plugin TE and DST as I went along)

It was a good season :D