[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Greatest play you ever saw

BigMikeinNY

It was January 8th, 6 years ago up in Central NY. I was watching a playoff game with my good friend Dave. Buffalo took a 16-15 Playoff lead with a few seconds left (cant remember, maybe 15 sec ).

And then it happened...........

Buffalo kicked off.......Wycheck through a lateral to Dyson........and Dyson ran for about 80 yards down the left hand side.....

My friend and I yelled "NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY!"........Within seconds, it was labeled the MUSIC CITY MIRACLE

If my memory is correct, they went to replay for a very long 5 minutes......"and the call on the field stands"........We couldnt believe it, we went NUTS......

Greatest game ending play in the NFL I ever saw

BIGMIKE - Whats yours??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1980 opening game, Bears at Packers.

Game goes into overtime and Packers K Chester Marcol is set to kick the game-winning FG. The kick is blocked, but the blocked ball goes right back into Marcol's hands, where he then runs it in for the game-winning touchdown.

BIGMIKE - Whats yours??

1264933[/snapback]

I don't know that it's the greatest, but one of my favorites: December 11th, 1988.

Denver Bronco DB Mike Harden picks off an errant pass from Dave Kreig, then is himself intercepted by one Steve Largent.

Lets go to the videotape:

Edited: If link doesn't work, click "Great Moments in Seahawk History", and "Harden meets Largent". Sorry 'bout that. :doah:

Edited by Bonehand

I don't know that it's the greatest, but one of my favorites: December 11th, 1988.

Denver Bronco DB Mike Harden picks off an errant pass from Dave Kreig, then is himself intercepted by one Steve Largent.

Lets go to the videotape:

1264952[/snapback]

I already know what you are talking about. The pass was errant cause Largent was getting held. Largent was so P'Od at the refs for blowing the call he picks up the larger Harden on a live play and spears him to the ground (or jacks him up really bad...can't remember). :D

Edit to add: the link isn't direct and the sublinks keep refreshing the same page. :D

Edited by bushwacked

I already know what you are talking about.  The pass was errant cause Largent was getting held.  Largent was so P'Od at the refs for blowing the call he picks up the  larger Harden on a live play and spears him to the ground (or jacks him up really bad...can't remember).  :D

Edit to add:  the link isn't direct and the sublinks keep refreshing the same page.  :D

1264969[/snapback]

Additionally, it was revenge for a facemask-shattering cheap shot Harden laid on Largent 14 weeks earlier...

LOL I can't believe that video. It takes a bit of navigating to find but well worth it!! Man do I remember that hit!!! Its hard to believe that play was 17 years ago. I was 9. I actually just teared up. What an amazing play.

I've seen more than most at this site so I'll just throw one out there thats off the top of my knot. Superbowl v, Cowboys lose to the dolts on a last second field goal and Bob Lilly in a fit of frustration tosses his knot protector about 30' in the air. You guys have seen it in replays, I saw it live.

Not NFL, but a great finish none-the-less:

My high school football team was playing for the State Championship. With about 7 seconds to play, the game is tied and our opponent is setting up to kick a field goal to win the game as the clock runs out. The kick is blocked, the ball recovered by us and the kid runs 80 yards with no time on the clock to score and win the State Championship!

The Dante Hall punt return against Denver several years ago. I was sitting in that end of the stadium when he caught the ball, and when he ran backwards we were screaming "NO, NO"...

Then he cleared the pile and turned the corner, and once you saw he had nothing but daylight the crowd went absolutely nuts. Denver had us on the ropes that day, and that return gave us the lead.

I swear that stadium roared, LOUDLY, for 20 minutes after that run. Totally electric; a feeling I will never forget.

Additionally, it was revenge for a facemask-shattering cheap shot Harden laid on Largent 14 weeks earlier...

1265002[/snapback]

I remember that. He didn't complain at all about it, but remembered it and later paid him back. For Seahawks fans there was justice after all. :D

A Chiefs game back in 1999 I think against the Chargers, maybe on a Monday Night game. Very late in the game. Chiefs were trailing. The Chiefs were preparing to receive a kick-off. I raised my hands to the sky and told my friend sitting next to me and God that if the Chiefs came back to win this game I would go to Church on Sunday. (For me, that's a rare occurance to say the least).

Tamarick Vanover. 80 yard touchdown. Chiefs won. I went to Church. It was worth it.

Actually I just looked this up and it was 1995 actually. Geez I'm old.

Edited by rattsass

I liked the play when Brad Johnson threw a pass that was batted back to him. He caught it and ran it in for a TD. I think it was when he was playing for the Vikings.

He threw a TD to himself. That's a sweet stat line.

Edited by CaptainHook

There have been many, but since I'm a Panther homer, it would have to be the run and catch vs the Rams in the Div PO in 2003 by Smitty, plus Mush in the SB vs the Pats with the longest TD rec in SB history.

1265242[/snapback]

Yeah, that Carolina/St. Louis game was a good one. I think that was the first play of the second overtime, wasn't it?