[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm taking a beating in my local

sunysteelfly76

DO you have any league rules about turning over trades. I'm with you that it is not you ro the leagues job to determine fairness, but, if you have league rules in place that allow for the owners to vote if there is an opposition to the trade, then follow those rules. If the rules are that it is up to the commish, then stick to your guns.

are you really taking a beating? does it hurt?

be the commish. all you have to do is tell the other owners that you don't see any monkey business going on and that you know both players are trying to improve their teams (i'm assuming you would know enough to know this before allowing the trade). brady's value is down this year due to the loss of branch and the good running game, and moulds is a nice receiver while duckett has more value while portis is out. i'm assuming the guy with brady probably already has a good QB.

don't fret over it, just move on.

Tom Brady for E Moulds and TJ Duckett. I am a firm believer that if there is no evident collusion, owners must live with their own decisions. Some of the other owners are pretty pissed, and being vocal. It's a pretty unbalanced trade, but is it THAT bad?

Could you post the rosters for both teams involved in the trade?

I'd be insulted by an offer like that.

Its pretty bad, but who knows? Brady has no real WRs to throw to. Houston actually is showing some offense, and Duckett appears to be on his way to vulturing TDs. It would be interesting to hear the trading rationale between the owners.

I can just see the owners that are angry right now..."Brady is a top 5 QB, Moulds hasn't done anything for Buffalo and Duckett doesn't get goal line carries cause Vick always runs it in!"

Earth to alex, earth to alex, come in alex...Ducket no longer plays for Atlanta...over...

Earth to alex, earth to alex, come in alex...Ducket no longer plays for Atlanta...over...

See the joke here is that the owners that are complaining don't know a lot about fantasy football...

Moulds also doesn't still play for Buffalo...

Edited by alexgaddis

Tom Brady for E Moulds and TJ Duckett. I am a firm believer that if there is no evident collusion, owners must live with their own decisions. Some of the other owners are pretty pissed, and being vocal. It's a pretty unbalanced trade, but is it THAT bad?

Who do they think was unfairly taken advantage of in this trade?

see, thats the point...

:D

I'll be in the tailgate...

must be in the league....... :lol:

Next time use the :D for obvious affect.

BTW love the avatar... :lol:

Edit to add, as Unateve said it might just be a bad trade, not collussion. Post full lineups for a more concrete answer.

Edited by nhoops

If there is any doubt in your mind as Commissioner (and it doesn't seem like there is any doubt) that this trade should stand, then just have each owner write a quick note to you explaining why they think this trade helps their teams. If there is any scrap of reason to their explanations, then it stands.

But frankly I probably wouldn't even go that far as it sets up an annoying precedence... just let it stand. Everybody (that is objective) knows that this traade should stand.

Kid Cid, you alright tonight? How could you miss that one?!?!?

See the joke here is that the owners that are complaining don't know a lot about fantasy football...

Moulds also doesn't still play for Buffalo...

:D:D

see, thats the point...

:brew:

I'll be in the tailgate...

:lol::lol:

I'm very against leagues that have the rule in place where a trade can be voted down. One's vote is easily biased for the obvious reasons...that trade aint gonna happen, that guy's in my division. I think the commish should have the sole responsibility for overuling a trade. The most important thing is to not look at a trade for face value. I know this quite well, because I was the victim of a trade being overturned a couple of years ago when I traded away P. Manning (Not the year he threw for 49 mind you) for M. Vick and Hines Ward. At the time, I had (I think) Brad Johnson who was the top scoring QB in the league at the time (around wk 5 or 6) of the trade and I was very weak at receiver. Face value of that trade to most in the league was very lopsided and looking at it now it definately does even to me. The problem is, is that I nothing else to offer to get what I needed and could afford to sacrifice the services of Manning when I had our leagues highest scoring QB at the time. We were even accused of team stacking. You really have to look into how it effects each team. I have proposed a rule in that league that any questionable trades in the league should give teams involved a chance to explain how the trade will benefit there team. Proposal was very taken into consideration, but I tried.