[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At the hospital

Big Country

At 2:29 pm PST, measuring 21 inches, weiging 8 lbs 4 oz we welcomed a very healthy Austin James Carey to the world.

Congrats, BC!! :D

Turns out Austn's umbillical cord had twisted into a true knot which can be very bad (maybe Chargerz can elaborate on this), so the doctor was very happy she moved the date up and we were very lucky we had no complications because of it.

Cutting off the oxygen to the baby from the tightening of a true knot is not detectable and, thus, unpreventable. It is a very good thing that you got your son delivered when you did! :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 2:29 pm PST, measuring 21 inches, weiging 8 lbs 4 oz we welcomed a very healthy Austin James Carey to the world.

We got bumped aheadof the C section scheduled ahead of us as that lady had eaten so she got pushed back, which made my wife very happy.

Baby and mom are both doing well.

Turns out Austn's umbillical cord had twisted into a true knot which can be very bad (maybe Chargerz can elaborate on this), so the doctor was very happy she moved the date up and we were very lucky we had no complications because of it.

Not sure if I get a wireless connection in the room yet as my computer is in the car still, but if I can I will try get pics up late tonight, otherwise it will be Tues morning most likely.

As for the baby pool, my brother in law won the overall contest, nd DMD won for Huddler's, so he wins a free membership. :D

:D:doh::tup:

No wireless here at the hospital but I have transferred photos to my laptop so that I can get some pictures up once I get home later tonight. I spent last night at the hospital, but will be at home with my 2 year old the next couple nights before mom comes home. My mother in law will be staying at the hospital the next couple nights

when the twins were born I had to stay at the hospital for a week. They gave us this nice suite with a bed for me and DTV.

Nothing was better then hot RNs coming into the room to rub my wife down in the middle of the night.

CONGRATS to you and the whole family there, BC! Of course, the Warriors playoff win is so rare, you'll have to keep having babies around this time to bring them the luck they need to win more. I'd wait a bit before informing the wife of that, though....