[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Question For You Long Time Huddlers

TBone

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been around since 2000. Its kind of difficult to say who I "came up" with since most of the people that I recall were here before me.

Still a newbie.

(It seems that I posted this before. :D )

I was not the first, nor one of the best, but I've been here since the first board oh so very long ago. Although my chicken wing post might be the only post Dorey ever added to the main page of the site. It went into the Lockeroom, a long since gone section of the Huddle for humor.

I've been here awhile. I started posting before the switch to Delphi and Fox Sports which was around '98... I think. It's been a loooooong time. :D I was flying around the internets using an external modem at 33.6k with a Mac Performa using OS7.5. :D There's still plenty of us around who have been around awhile.

I was not the first, nor one of the best, but I've been here since the first board oh so very long ago. Although my chicken wing post might be the only post Dorey ever added to the main page of the site. It went into the Lockeroom, a long since gone section of the Huddle for humor.

And every time I try a new hot sauce, I think about that post.

yep, been here from the start. remember when dmd was just a little toddler running around with that old nerf football he used to chew on. bc was little country at that point and bj was little john. a lot of changes, but i've been the one constant that has kept this place running and relevant. it's was tough back in the 50's when we had no internet ... the site was really just a bunch of guys who would talk football in the pub, but we knew we had something great if the world ever became electronically connected. once the NFL actually started up, things picked up considerably.

yes, a long, strange trip but i wouldn't change it for anything.

:D

Edited by tonorator

Yes, but who does #2 work for?

Hey, can we get a courtesy flush over there? :D

1998 was my first season, although there may be an outside chance I was around in 1997. The Huddle has been awesome but I'm still the most ignorant FFer out there! :D

:D WW is #2, DMD is #3. #4 is no one (A KS2K alias, on an account orignally brought up as a second DMD account). #1 if tomas, an Invision employee who used it for the transfer to here)

On the old UBB accounts, #2-#4 were #1-#3 respectively. You were #7. The old #4-#6 were purged out due to inactivity.

I had #4 in 1999, (UBB account). Skippy was #5, and Muck #6.

Still have the pre-launch "Riff's House" webpage saved.

Doubt it was due to inactivity that the numbers changed. All 3 peeps are/were still around.

Now I'm just lowly #87. Shouldn't have let those East Coasters wake up before me. :D

I had #4 in 1999, (UBB account). Skippy was #5, and Muck #6.

Still have the pre-launch "Riff's House" webpage saved.

Doubt it was due to inactivity that the numbers changed. All 3 peeps are/were still around.

Now I'm just lowly #87. Shouldn't have let those East Coasters wake up before me. :D

1999 was before my time. I was using 2001 numbers when it went pay.

:D And you were #136 with the 2001 registration.

I was here within the first hours you went live.

You (IIRC) made a post on the old KFFL/FFMastermind board, before they parted ways (now there is some FF internet trivia for you all), and I happened to be checking their boards out at the time you posted, so I cruised over, posted on the boards here, apparently interrupting one of your many conversations with yourself back in those days and became hooked. I do believe I was the first non-Dorey to ever post on a Huddle message board, but I can not prove that. I think what hooked it was I sent a few questions via e-mail and got answers from you or Whitney within hours.

Yeah I started over on the KFFL board as well. It was the weekly projections that brought me to this site.

Funny but I remember how I hated it when we changed from the old style (where you could see all the responses indented ... now I can't imagine that format.

I try to forget the whole Delphi mess.

At first I did not remember using the name Big Country with the question on the mickey mouse

hmmmm... so it seems BC's fetish with Minnie and Mickey Mouse ears goes way way back. (I feel so used as BC told me I was his first.) :D

As for me, I used the huddle for fantasy stuff starting in 1998 or so. I never even considered visiting the message boards until 2000 (as I thought that anyone who used a fantasy football message board had to be a total loser (and it turns out, that was pretty much dead-on) :D ). In response to my very first post, Posty called me a noobie tool (which today would probably have gotten him banned, but back in the good old days was perfectly accepted encouraged behavior. I would have had a double-digit member number except that when the boards went pay, I was finishing up graduate school and had completely maxed out all of my credits (to the extent that I couldn't even afford the $12 until I had a payment check clear). I also once won some sort of contest in which DMD told me that I could have a single-digit member number, but for some reason I never took him up on it.

Edited by wiegie