[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your go to Channel ?

whomper

I was watching a great story on the Discovery Channel tonight about the Loch ness type of sea creature (Champy) on Lake Champlain. It was good stuff. I dont get to watch a ton of TV but it got me thinking about some of my go to Channels. My brother is a hugh History Channel guy. I like the Discovery Channel and I also catch a lot of stuff on HBO on demand. What channels are your go to channels and for which shows ?

Edited by whomper

I was watching a great story on the Discovery Channel tonight about the Loch ness type of sea creature (Champ) on Lake Champlain. It was good stuff. I dont get to watch a ton of TV but it got me thinking about some of my go to Channels. My brother is a hugh History Channel guy. I like the Discovery Channel and I also catch a lot of stuff on HBO on demand. What channels are your go to channels and for which shows ?

Its "Champy" dumbdumb, get it right.

Sorry, went to school in Plattsburgh so I know the beast personally. And Discovery channel rocks.

Edited by whoopazz

In order: Science channel

History Channel or History International

The Military channel

DISCOVERY

Use to like The Learning Channel (TLC) but have a friend that is "way up" in that organization that told me it is trying to turn itself into a Women's Channel, and will eventually change the name of it. If you watch the programming , it is evident. Funny thing is, I told her I stopped watching the channel because of the lame ass programming, and that's when she told me of the transitioning plans.

History and Discovery are my first stops, then Spike, ESPN channels, then CNN & MSNBC.

I really like Dogfights on the History channel as well as the Modern Marvels series.

I watch a lot of Dangerous Catch, Man vs. Wild and Myth Busters on Discovery with my sons. Good stuff - much better for them to watch than the kid TV being produced today.

History and Discovery are my first stops, then Spike, ESPN channels, then CNN & MSNBC.

I really like Dogfights on the History channel as well as the Modern Marvels series.

I watch a lot of Dangerous Catch, Man vs. Wild and Myth Busters on Discovery with my sons. Good stuff - much better for them to watch than the kid TV being produced today.

ESPN

NFL

History

NGC

Discovery

Science

Military

SciFi (only for Ghost Hunters)

make up 99% of my TV viewing

History CHannel

History International

Discovery

National Geographic

Comedy Channel

Military Channel

Engineering an Empire is still probably the best show on TV and I haven't seen a new episode in years

That is a good show. Although I've watched every show god knows how many times, my favorite on History channel use to be Histories Mysteries...

That is a good show. Although I've watched every show god knows how many times, my favorite on History channel use to be Histories Mysteries...

Ancient Discoveries and Lost Worlds get my vote. Histories Mysteries is a very good show too.

Not counting sporting events/news, my go-to channel WAS VH1 Classic, but they've been sorta subpar lately. Not sure if it's the inevitable decline or if it's just a slow spot.

I work for myself/from home... so the TV is typically on all or most of the day for me. I watch ESPN for 80% of the day, but sometimes flip over to our cable network's local 24/7 news channel... after it loops over I switch back to ESPN.

For other shows, it's a mix between Fox, CBS, NBC, Bravo, HGTV, ABC. SciFi only for the ghost hunter shows. :wacko: