[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

All pretty good performances last night except for Lil Rounds...she needs to go home, and the judge's comments may have cemented that sentiment.

Wasn't one of Allison's better performances, but she isn't going anywhere. Ditto for Gokey...he hasn't been uber-impressive recently, just rock-solid. He could turn it up a notch at anytime with a soulful performance that takes advantage of his likable voice. Adam, as always, delivered the most memorable performance of the evening.

Kris and Matt both gave pretty decent performances, but nothing extraordinary either.

I was with Simon on Anoop....I thought it was brutal, save for a couple notes he nailed.

My take: Lil and Anoop should be heading out this week.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All pretty good performances last night except for Lil Rounds...she needs to go home, and the judge's comments may have cemented that sentiment.

Wasn't one of Allison's better performances, but she isn't going anywhere. Ditto for Gokey...he hasn't been uber-impressive recently, just rock-solid. He could turn it up a notch at anytime with a soulful performance that takes advantage of his likable voice. Adam, as always, delivered the most memorable performance of the evening.

Kris and Matt both gave pretty decent performances, but nothing extraordinary either.

I was with Simon on Anoop....I thought it was brutal, save for a couple notes he nailed.

My take: Lil and Anoop should be heading out this week.

I agree with most of your points, especially the ones regarding Lil Rounds. Not only was she awful, she annoyed me with that angry glare and then the typical "I was just having fun" comments. Here Mom looked like she wanted to kill the judges.

I didn't particularly enjoy any of the performances tonight. It was all sort of so-so IMO. The front runners were on cruise control and the bottom singers didn't do anything to keep themselves alive. Adam and Gokey are safe IMO, but I wouldn't be shocked to see any other 2 voted off at this point.

I thought lil was better than the judges did, but she still wasn't great.

I don't get all the hype around kris. he's ok, but just very ordinary to me. I mean, come on, you can throw hokey little acoustic latin vibe on any song in the world, and it will sound ok but not spectacular. yet the judges are blowing smoke up his butt for his "originality"? I guess if you consider cliche elevator music "original"....

anoop was cheesy and disappointing to me after 2 or 3 very solid weeks running.

simon was right in saying matt's boy-band wannabe performance looked desperate.

my prediction is anoop and lil go home, but I think any of the 4 above could go home and it would be completely justified.

at this point I see a clear top three in adam, danny and allison. I didn't really care for adam's thing last night personally, but fully recognize why it was well-received by the judges and will be by the voters. danny just keeps on riding his singing talent and distinctive voice to sail through each round. allison....yeah, the arrangement and how she was dressed and the stage choreography was all pretty corny....but she did some really cool things with her voice last night. if you ask me, she's the most talented, unique singer in the competition.

I think it has been established that dialidol has completely jumped the shark, eh? :wacko:

There is a +/- margin of error that people tend to overlook....this week the margin of error has it where everyone could be in jeopardy of being voted off...I wonder what the judges will have to say if it is Allison and Kris that get voted off tonite...should be Lil and Anoop, imo

fwiw, I thought that last nite was one of Allisons best yet

Top 4 end up Adam, Gokey, Kris & Allison. Lil, goes home tonight, Anoop next, Matt, Allison gets a 1 week save but still goes before Gokey. Kris ends up with a broader fan base & wins over Adam in the final.

So far right with the order.

i predicted the top 5 correctly but at this point I think my top 3 will be wrong since I have it as Adam, Danny and Allison...I think that Kris will probably replace Allison in the top 3 but I am still sticking to my Adam vs Danny finals with Adam winning it.

If Adam's as smart as he appears to be, he'll find a way to lose it in the next couple weeks. I doubt he wants to get locked into the 19 Entertainment contract for the next two years.

I think Kris Allen has been getting better each week. Ain't No Sunshine is still his best, IMO, but this week's was very good. Adam's schtick is wearing thin for me, personally. I like Allison a lot, but I think she needs to expand her repertoire a bit. It's past time she does something slow and soulful, IMO. She was close to it a couple weeks ago, but I think the audience needs to see a softer side from her.

I didn't like Adam's deal this week. It seemed straight off Broadway, which is fine if you want to be a Broadway performer. I thought Gokey knocked it out of the park this week & though I still think Kris Allen is one of the top three I thought Matt had a better performance tonight. I think that leaves Allison out in the cold.

I hope Matt goes home. I have never liked Adam. While we were watching it, I told my wife to imagine Adam wearing a dress and being a drag queen singer. He'll go to Broadway afterwards no doubt, but I tired of his weekly "scream a note" long ago.

It will be either Allison or Matt going home and I hope it is Matt. I like Allison. But one Matt is removed, it is hard to imagine which one will be next.

kris was the best he's been tonight, IMO. very well done for him.

allison's vocals were excellent. arrangement wasn't great, but I thought she sang her butt off.

matt wasn't even that bad, but he was by far the worst of the night. had some serious pitch issues and little falters in his voice. that is a huge song and he came up short compared to the rest. if anyone other than him goes home this week it will be a terrible injustice.

gokey was simply phenomenal. wow. I felt like he's been playing it safe the last few weeks, but tonight he went big and it just killed.

adam...ugh, I'm getting pretty tired of it, truthfully. the more weeks he sings, the more people will realize he really sounds the same each week and he's really not that original. each week, more people will see through the schtick. he still hits every note and has an incredible instrument, but I just don't look forward to hearing him any more. I will say, he picked a cool nina simone song to sing, though.

for me, the order based only on tonight's performances:

1. gokey

2. kris

3. allison

4. adam

5. matt g.

Hung out with Anoop tonight. He came to the hotel with friends to sit at the bar and hang. He just got back from LA, and has been doing interview after interview everyday for the past week. He is happy to be done, and ready to relax a bit before the tour push. Funny tho...we didn't even watch Idol. Just watched basketball, and laughed at the rich business travelers all over his nuts, buying a him drink asking him to sing and shyt. He was nice, and actually did, so it's good that he is still humble. All he wanted to do is eat his burger and drink his cocktail in peace....so if that meant belting out a tune, then so be it.

and no he didn't sing Beat It

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

I hope Matt goes home. I have never liked Adam. While we were watching it, I told my wife to imagine Adam wearing a dress and being a drag queen singer. He'll go to Broadway afterwards no doubt, but I tired of his weekly "scream a note" long ago.

It will be either Allison or Matt going home and I hope it is Matt. I like Allison. But one Matt is removed, it is hard to imagine which one will be next.

+1000

I say the same things to my wife every week. Especially the "scream a note" part. This week I said" he's doing good, now if he can just finish this song with out the scretching note...he would have had a solid week" .... then came the end of the song and bam! He just had to do it!

Edited by millerx

+1000

I say the same things to my wife every week. Especially the "scream a note" every week. This week I said" he's doing good, now if he can just finish this song with out the scretching note, he would have had a solid week" .... the came the end of the song and bam! He just had to do it!

I wanna see him do a rendition of the French Mistake.

Hung out with Anoop tonight. He came to the hotel with friends to sit at the bar and hang. He just got back from LA, and has been doing interview after interview everyday for the past week. He is happy to be done, and ready to relax a bit before the tour push. Funny tho...we didn't even watch Idol. Just watched basketball, and laughed at the rich business travelers all over his nuts, buying a him drink asking him to sing and shyt. He was nice, and actually did, so it's good that he is still humble. All he wanted to do is eat his burger and drink his cocktail in peace....so if that meant belting out a tune, then so be it.

A hotel in Chapel Hill?

1. gokey - adult contemporary, we'd never hear from him agian if he won.

2. kris - no chance

3. allison - only chance out of this group to have a top 40 single

4. adam - Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat is calling him on Broadway. We'll never hear from him again.

5. matt g. - no chance

The big question is, how is his 15 minutes of fame playing with the chicks? :D <--- bushy brows oddly relevant here. Looks kinda like him. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff