[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name my dog

muck

Log jam on coming up with a name...  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do we name our new dog (see link for picture)

• Zorro
    • Jelly
    • Oxford
    • Otto
    • ...some other name...

This isn't my dog, but my dog looks a little like this guy

What should we name him?

Additional details:

* English Masiff; will have a black-mask ... hence "Zorro" ... this is the kids preference

* One of his Great Grandfathers is named "Paddington Bear" (who loves marmalade) and another is nicknamed "Muffin" ... hence the "Jelly" ... this is my preference ... kids don't really like it at all and wife laughed (in a good way) at it when I suggested it, but she doesn't think he looks like a 'Jelly'.

* Oxford is a place where a lot of smart people are, and I think Mastiffs look 'professorial' with all the wrinkles, plus he'll be "as big as an ox" when he's an adult ... this or the one below are Muckette's preference ...

* Otto has some loose family heritage (I've wanted to name each of our boys Otto, but the wife kaboshed it each time; she'd be relieved if I put the name on a dog so she wouldn't have to hear it again if she was going to have another boy) ... this is probably my 2nd choice ...

ETA: The pup in my avatar is my guy at 7 weeks; he'll be 9 weeks on Wednesday and weighs 27.5lbs (as of 8am today at the vet).

Edited by muck

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about: Coal

Looks like he mashed his face into a pile of charcoal. :wacko:

I swear to God I was going to post the exact same thing. Unbelievable

I read none of the rationale and simply thought that Jelly would be a great name for a dog. I don't care about the breed, coloration, or what have you. Jelly is a fine name for a dog and that's all that matters.