[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Said goodbye to a friend today

Big F'n Dave

A guy I played a lot of golf with died yesterday. It was his birthday. He was 52. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in March or so and was told he had 8-12 months. Then, after his first bout of chemo/radiation in June or July, he got a really good report. The largest tumor had cratered and several of the smaller ones were shrinking. During the summer, he played the best golf of his life. Went from probably a seven or eight handicap to a legit two or three. It was fun to watch. He actually won our Senior Club Championship a couple months ago. Then he got bad news. The tumors were growing again and spreading. He took a horrible turn for the worse a couple weeks ago and passed yesterday. I was at the funeral home tonight for the visitation but there were so many people I couldn't get near the casket. A buddy told me he was in shorts, a golf shirt, shoes and a cap. He had a couple of clubs with him, too. Last time I saw him, he was putting out on the ninth green a few weeks back. That's how I'll remember him. Pick it up, TB. You're good. :wacko:

Sorry for your loss, Dave.

As we get older, the more people we meet, the more people we know. These things are never ending. Buddy's mom passed 2 weeks ago, another's wife passed, last week. The wife had heart surgery, a few years back & never woke up Saturday.

More perspective than I need.

C is the worst word in the dictionary.