[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Income Taxes

whomper

How did you do ?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How did you do on your income taxes ?

• Got crushed
    • Getting money back
    • Broke just about even
    • Puddy
  2. 2. How did you prepare your taxes ?

• Accountant
    • Turbo tax or similar program
    • I literally used Puddy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually getting a little bit back on accident. I try to break even or owe just a little bit as I'm not into allowing the government that already takes too much of my money to borrow it interest free. I use an accountant. I've just about decided anyone that owns a business and doesn't use an accountant is a fool.

One of the advantages of sharing my office space with an accountant is that he gives me a great rate for preparing both my personal and corporate returns.

I always get money back because I tend to overpay on estimated taxes each qtr. I know about the whole lending the gov money interest free thing, but it keeps me from spending it so I say what the heck.

Getting some back, but mostly based on a new car and new windows in the house. Accountant.

I always thought that having kids was great for tax purposes, but I guess that starts to phase itself out somewhere along the line! And that is not the only reason that I had them!

Fing crushed

Turbotax (used an accountant for the past two years, but then did a coke/pepsi challenge last year doing it myself with TT and then what my accountant came up with and it was pretty much the exact same number)

Knew it was coming, but that never makes it fun, I moved toward paying estimated taxes this year to protect against having to cut a check next year

Do them myself by hand. Simple standard deduction, child care, and student loan interest. Adjusted withholdings a couple times during year to keep it close. Haven't officially done them yet but probably pay in about $500 to the feds and get back $200 from the state.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Do them myself by hand. Simple standard deduction, child care, and student loan interest. Adjusted withholdings a couple times during year to keep it close. Haven't officially done them yet but probably pay in about $500 to the feds and get back $200 from the state.

:wacko:

That's about where you want to be each year IMO.

You are significantly less likely to get audited if you use a CPA because the IRS prefers bullying tax payers, not tax professionals.

You are also 3 times more likely to get audited if you make more than $200,000 a year. Seems like profiling to me.

Edited by Perchoutofwater