[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayer Request - Family

KevinL

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear this Kevin. I'm hoping for the best possible outcome.

If in fact it is true and you lose the baby, tell your kids the truth in a way that they'll understand (your kids are really spread apart in regards to age so it may be best to have different conversations with the older kids than the younger ones). When my son was stillborn, I had a five year-old daughter that was anxiously awaiting her brother to come home from the hospital. I left the hospital and talked to her alone explaining the truth the best I could to a girl her age. I cried like a baby but didn't really sugar coat it. We then visited the cemetery weekly for probably 6 months. She always included Cameron as a family member whenever those types of questions came up at school or wherever. She always said she had a brother in heaven.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers, whether you posted or not.

We did tell the kids right around Memorial Day weekend.

At yesterday's ultrasound, the doctor found no heartbeat. (Wife had felt movement and kicking as recent as Thursday). We went to the hospital last night. Macy Elizabeth was born (stillborn) this morning at 5:31. Weighing 1 lb, 3 ounces, and perfectly formed, except for the kidney issue.

At yesterday's ultrasound, the doctor found no heartbeat. (Wife had felt movement and kicking as recent as Thursday). We went to the hospital last night. Macy Elizabeth was born (stillborn) this morning at 5:31. Weighing 1 lb, 3 ounces, and perfectly formed, except for the kidney issue.

I'm very sorry for your loss Kevin. My prayers are with you and your family. :wacko:

Very sorry to hear that, Kevin. We went through a similar experience a few months ago (it would have been our first). Don't know what to tell you, except that from my experience, something terrible is usually/eventually followed by something wonderful. We're expecting (again) in September, and so far everything looks great. I would love to say that everything happens for a reason, but I myself wasn't necessarily buying into that theory last fall, so I can't say for sure that that's always the case. Keep your head up, and be there for your wife. That's all you can do, other than remind yourself (and her) that things will get better. Maybe even more importantly, reassure her that there was nothing either of you could have done differently, to prevent this from happening.

:wacko: I am so sorry Kevin. You and yours are in my prayers. Heaven got a new angel this morning

My most heartfelt condolences. And all my prayers to you and your family. Stay strong for 'em, but have a good cry when you get the chance.

Very sorry to hear this Kevin. My deepest condolences and heartfelt prayers for you and your family and hope you can find comfort and healing within each other.