[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas is going to the SB!

irish

I wasn’t surprised that we lost. I wasn’t surprised that Dak came up small again because he truly and unequivocally sucks . I was surprised at how manhandled the defense got. Sf got 5-7 yards on first down runs every single series. Purdy showed amazing poise as usual and the sf d just mauled us. A total ass whooping from top to bottom. Dak just kills me.  It just saddens me that this is our qb. If Jerry extends him further , I may cry real tears 

• Haha 1

I strongly disagreed with losing Kellen Moore and even more opting to rely on Mike McCarthy to call the plays. He was run out of town in Green Bay because his offense went flat even with Aaron Rodgers there. The Cowboys have been extremely lucky to have DC Dan Quinn there. I liked Moore, and he's doing good things in LAC and Herbert is playing far better than Dak. McCarthy wanted to dumb down the offense and go to more west coast dink and dunk to reduce Prescott's turnovers. Brandin Cooks has finally found a team that won't let him gain 1,000 yards. Prescott and company looked okay against bad teams when they didn't have to do anything. They were out manned, out coached and out played against the 49ers. The Cowboys have been on the precipice of being a good team that just needed a little more. Now with the offense in reverse under McCarthy, they won't challenge PHI this year. The only positive is that McCarthy won't survive if he squanders what looked like a great start and the Cowboys flop whenever they play the better teams.

DMD - I hear what you're staying, but Dallas always seems to have Philly's number and can hang with them. It's not over, but you are 100% right about Doughboy McCarthy. As it pertains to defense first, they'll do enough to make the playoffs, but not sure his offense will get them very far. I do believe for people calling for Lance to play, you might as well forget the playoffs if he's the #1. 

A loss like that can kill you mentally as well. Players gotta be thinking that it was a measuring stick game and they failed miserably . They arent in SF league . At no point did they have any momentum . They may beat a few bad teams to sneak in as a wild card but they are gonna get their tits lit against better competition. I truly think Detroit would steamroll Dallas right now .

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Some good honest analysis by the Cowboy fans here. 

Now where is that guy that always posted his love story for the Cowboys

Cowboyz1 only appears in a league forum now. 

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Detroit would steamroll quite a few right now. That's not a good barometer. 

I wasnt being sarcastic there. People felt Dallas , Philly and SF were the upper tier in the NFC. I seriously feel Detroit can make some noise and possibly play spoiler 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whomper said:

I wasnt being sarcastic there. People felt Dallas , Philly and SF were the upper tier in the NFC. I seriously feel Detroit can make some noise and possibly play spoiler 

I wonder when the Lions start getting some respect. They play @TB, @BAL and LV next 3 before the bye. Have NO, DAL, LAC, remaining, plus 4 division games. 

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I wonder when the Lions start getting some respect. They play @TB, @BAL and LV next 3 before the bye. Have NO, DAL, LAC, remaining, plus 4 division games. 

Detroit has played two winning teams and split those games. One point away from being winless against 'good' teams.  They look good and playoff bound. I'm not sure they need to be crowned as the second best team in the NFC quite yet. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Detroit got steamrolled today. A good win against KC in week 1 and now it's 1-2 against winning teams. 

Do you realize the Lions only have one winning team left on their schedule, late in the season against Dallas. Everybody else they face has a losing record at this time. They could go 9-1 and lose to Dallas and I guess they'd still be considered mediocre by some. I never said they were 2nd best in the NFC, but I'd say they're right behind PHI, SF & DAL

Yes they got stream rolled, no idea what happened, my brother the Lions fan was disgusted and I presume they looked bad all around. 

18 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Detroit got steamrolled today. A good win against KC in week 1 and now it's 1-2 against winning teams. 

I was surprised . I still think they are good but may have overestimated them 

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Do you realize the Lions only have one winning team left on their schedule, late in the season against Dallas. Everybody else they face has a losing record at this time.

They should certainly make the post-season with that being the case.  Gotta wonder if a soft schedule could ultimately hinder them. 

Probably a combination of a bad matchup for DET and them possibly overlooking BAL just a bit.  Hard to believe that Campbell wouldn't have them ready to go (I doubt he overlooks/underestimates ANYBODY), but they really did look ill prepared yesterday.  

Speaking to the matchup itself, Campbell is building a team that is all-around tough.  Punch them in the mouth, and they'll punch back even harder (or maybe bite your kneecaps off).  Well, if there is one team that seems to enjoy getting into a battle of "who is tougher," it's probably BAL.  If yesterday's game was a boxing match, it looked like DET got punched right in the nose from the start, and was seeing stars the rest of the contest.  They didn't have an answer for anything BAL was doing on either side of the ball.  

I'm sure DET will bounce back, and I think they're easily top four in the NFC at worst.  Not top 2 (or even 3), but they're in the conversation.  And, let's be real... All of the other top teams have had losses that were just as surprising at this one.  PHI to the Jets, SF to CLE, and DAL to ARI.  It happens.  

• Thanks 1

Niners might be experiencing a little hangover from the Cowboys game. That was a highly touted game that they won with ease . Back to back losses after that was unexpected.  Philly handling the Fins fairly easily was impressive . 

10 minutes ago, whomper said:

Niners might be experiencing a little hangover from the Cowboys game. That was a highly touted game that they won with ease . Back to back losses after that was unexpected.  Philly handling the Fins fairly easily was impressive . 

They honestly looked tired and a bit beaten up. Every few plays Wagner would make a tackle and head back to the sideline with some nagging injury. They play very physically and it may be taking its toll.

They host the Bengals next week, then have their bye. They have some easier matchups in the 2nd half (JAX, AZ, WAS even TB & LAR) but also some tough one with PHI, BAL and both SEA games. 

Micah Parsons proclaims the Eagles as the best team in football in a podcast yesterday. While I am not in disagreement, I have never seen a star of one football team kiss the ass of a fierce and hated rival as much as Micah kisses the Eagles ass .  Every chance he gets , he licks their bags .  If you feel that way , thats fine I guess but could you imagine being on a team where one of your star players and leaders is constantly praising your most hated rival ? Guy is frigging dying to be an Eagle 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, whomper said:

Micah Parsons proclaims the Eagles as the best team in football in a podcast yesterday. While I am not in disagreement, I have never seen a star of one football team kiss the ass of a fierce and hated rival as much as Micah kisses the Eagles ass .  Every chance he gets , he licks their bags .  If you feel that way , thats fine I guess but could you imagine being on a team where one of your star players and leaders is constantly praising your most hated rival ? Guy is frigging dying to be an Eagle 

Trade him there, that little smitch!  

• Haha 1

Alright, Dallas is back in the Super Bowl. 

• 4 weeks later...

Dallas is doing what they are supposed to be doing and winning games they are supposed to win. Dak playing well and the D is as opportunistic as usual.

This is what separates Dallas from the true upper tier . I watched the Eagles and Chiefs game and I said to myself , here are 2 teams that can truly rely on a running game if they need to. Not a long run here and there. A true consistent running game. I was watching the Vikings game last week too ( I know they arent upper tier) and they consistently fed the ball to Mattison for chunks . Of course the niners are top notched in that area as well with CMC 

Dallas running game is very unimaginative and really cant be relied on. When we play the better teams , we will pretty much have to abandon it and let Dak throw 40 times , which is high risk to say the least . I believe Dallas is a very good team , but this is a massive crutch  

Edited by whomper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, whomper said:

Dallas is doing what they are supposed to be doing and winning games they are supposed to win. Dak playing well and the D is as opportunistic as usual.

This is what separates Dallas from the true upper tier . I watched the Eagles and Chiefs game and I said to myself , here are 2 teams that can truly rely on a running game if they need to. Not a long run here and there. A true consistent running game. I was watching the Vikings game last week too ( I know they arent upper tier) and they consistently fed the ball to Mattison for chunks . Of course the niners are top notched in that area as well with CMC 

Dallas running game is very unimaginative and really cant be relied on. When we play the better teams , we will pretty much have to abandon it and let Dak throw 40 times , which is high risk to say the least . I believe Dallas is a very good team , but this is a massive crutch  

Legitimate concern for Dallas fans. 

Pollard had a terrific role with a Zeke in house.  Pollard isnt Zeke.  They are different.  In hindsight they should have brought in a banger.  GusBus type.  Use all 3.  Fantasy committee's blow, but in the real world a 1a/1b sort of thing has a lot of merit.  

• Sad 1

• DMD locked this topic