[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas is going to the SB!

irish

Talking on the halftime show about the idea of Bill Belichick going to Dallas. 

35 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Stephen A. Smith is gonna be a riot tomorrow morning on First Take. 

Can't stand that guy. I hear his voice and cringe. People can actually tune in and listen to him for any length of time?!  

• Thanks 1

and so wraps up another season of Dallas Cowboys football . I look back at some of my posts in this thread and the shortcomings I mentioned came to fruition

No running game and zero ability to stop the run . Opening draft of GB set the tone. Ran down our throat, put up 7 and ate half the Q.

Poor coaching and penalties . Go back to that very same drive. Instead of 3rd and 12 we give them 1st and 10 on a hold 

Dak coming up small in a big spot . Once Dak gets glassy eyed and stares into the air and at that blue ipad , you can just shut the TV off. He is s stat compiler against mediocre teams . He will be the main reason why we never get next level because Jerry still backs him. He isnt the only reason , but he will be reason # 1. Even on the drive where we scored that last second TD before the half , he had a pass bounce right off of the defenders tits which easily should have been pick # 3 . This was the second year in a row where a first time qb starter in the playoffs played with such poise and accuracy and field savvy against us while our guy looked like a lost kitten . 

The defense . They are flashy and have playmakers , but they lack fundamentals and substance . Parsons and Bland etc will electrify you, but you are missing the guys in the middle with a bit of nasty in them that dont allow you to gain 8 yards a clip on the ground and control the game. I guess we tried to address it with that Mazi guy , but he graded out a D in the rookie first rd end of year scoring

Mccarthy needs to go. So many games where we had a ridiculous amount of penalties. Completely outcoached yesterday. Unimaginative play calling , especially in the run game. Those 12 win seasons are mostly a product of our crap division aside from Philly and some other wins we manage to squeeze by. 

Going forward this is the only plan that could work

Fire Mccarthy and throw the kings randsom at Bellichik. If not him , someone else , but you need an alpha with this team. If Jerry could coexist with Parcells , I think he can coexist with bill too. Id make every effort on earth to get him

Draft D line . Get some maulers upfront either by draft or FA or any way you can. 

Replace Prescott. That will be the hardest part but the most necessary. Id honestly rather miss the playoffs and develop lance than go through another year of bloated stats and playoff collapse . If Lance isnt the answer , maybe draft a guy or go for a guy like russ in FA or anything Just dont trudge this guy out again otherwise you could resurrect Vince Lombardi and it will still do you no good with this guy at the QB position

In closing, true old school Cowboys fans not only knew this was coming , but we have grown to expect it. Did I feel we could beat GB ? absolutely. Am I surprised at what happened yesterday ? Not one bit . Last week when Dallas started off slow against wash , I texted Montster just this "sigh". He texted back, dont worry, we will win this week, its next week where we lose in heart breaking fashion. This is the new culture of the Cowboys fans . The older ones. So everyone that is saying "I thought you were Dem boys !! you wouldnt hear that from a true fan who has faced the reality that the culture of winning and consistency is long gone with this organization . Ill be a Cowboys fan until they bury me . No matter how long ago it was , I watched 4 of the superbowl wins and remember them fondly But those days and that culture are long long gone

Hats off to GB and congrats to their fans . A young team that came in red hot and played loose and smacked Dallas around. game was never in question. We didnt choke away a win to GB. GB came in, dominated ,  and earned it. 

Edited by whomper
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

IMG_0582.thumb.jpeg.43eaf0383b143f1517ec775d29741bde.jpeg

Laugh if you will , ye with gorgeous hair . While I certainly know you are better than the Cowboys and do believe you , IMO, to be the superbowl favorite , you haven't won one since 94. Getting there and winning it are 2 different things 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Buck up Cowboy fans. At least you aren't the Eagles. 

???? We knew we were in hell long ago. We got blown out on the road, Dallas got spanked at home after winning 16 straight home games. They thought this was their year, we knew it wasn't ours. 

7 hours ago, keggerz said:

???? We knew we were in hell long ago. We got blown out on the road, Dallas got spanked at home after winning 16 straight home games. They thought this was their year, we knew it wasn't ours. 

To be fair, Cowboys fans think every year is their year after every win. But at least the Cowboys were able to move the ball some. Had it not been for their defense they probably would have had a good chance to win. Eagles were bad at everything. 

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

To be fair, Cowboys fans think every year is their year after every win. But at least the choreography were able to move the ball some. Had it not been fit their defense they probably would have had a good chance to win. Eagles were bad at everything. 

lol love seeing Siriano with his stupid what happened face just as much as Carroll and McVay…. Never gets old when cocky dicks get humbled!

Dak should see a sports psychologist or something. He does seem to get the yips when things get tight. That pick 6 was a real head scratcher, that DB was thinking TD right when he broke on the ball. Really not sure how a veteran QB makes that kind of mistake. The DB was running damn near full speed when he caught that ball and was off to the races. 

I have never been a fan of Mike McCarthy who seems a bit too stubborn for my tastes and predictably poor clock mgmt, end game mgmt and I don't think great in game adjustments either. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 8:10 PM, irish said:

Can't stand that guy. I hear his voice and cringe. People can actually tune in and listen to him for any length of time?!  

Oh I’m with you but his trolling of the Cowboys is must watch tv. 

10 hours ago, keggerz said:

:lol: Yeah way to show no sack and back peddle Keg . You were quite chirpy when you were 8-1 .  

10 hours ago, rajncajn said:

To be fair, Cowboys fans think every year is their year after every win.  

I dont know man. I just dont see this as much as it is said . Yeah , maybe some newbie overzealous young Cowboys fans on social media , but the old school Cowboys fans know its not the case no matter what our regular season says . 

Me , Monty , TimC and the like basically expect to lose every year in heartbreaking fashion. I always give them a punchers chance because there is some talent there , but expect to win it all ? Not in the least 

11 hours ago, gilthorp said:

The NFC LEast is back.

:lol:  Get ready to stare at the Lions and Packers ass for the next 10 years 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, whomper said:

I dont know man. I just dont see this as much as it is said . Yeah , maybe some newbie overzealous young Cowboys fans on social media , but the old school Cowboys fans know its not the case no matter what our regular season says . 

Me , Monty , TimC and the like basically expect to lose every year in heartbreaking fashion. I always give them a punchers chance because there is some talent there , but expect to win it all ? Not in the least 

I don't think rajn is talking about Cowboys fans here on the Huddle. But the greater sports world, social media etc. We all hear and see lots of things outside this area. 

2 minutes ago, whomper said:

:lol:  Get ready to stare at the Lions and Packers ass for the next 10 years 

Even the Vikings are ahead of the Bears in building a winner. 

17 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I don't think rajn is talking about Cowboys fans here on the Huddle. But the greater sports world, social media etc. We all hear and see lots of things outside this area. 

Even the Vikings are ahead of the Bears in building a winner. 

My brother and I were cracking up about the onslaught of trash talk that came our way during that game. Multiple texts . Social media . In person etc. The best is my brother was bartending sunday and one of our servers sent his 4 year old son to the bar to trash talk my brother during the game :lol:  Its all good . Comes with the territory . There are some guys that hate Dallas more than they like their own teams 

Edited by whomper
  • Haha 1

• DMD locked this topic