[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas is going to the SB!

irish

53 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

The guy I played in my Dynasty league had the Cowboys defense and they scored 40 fantasy points. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wow, what's a shutout worth in that league? It is 10 in ours and the DAL D had 25 points (1 each for INT/sack and 6 for the TD). 

The Giants looked like they angered the football gods before the game, nothing went their way, mistake after mistake. 

Browns and Lions had much more impressive wins this weekend. Maybe they're headed to the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Wow, what's a shutout worth in that league? It is 10 in ours and the DAL D had 25 points (1 each for INT/sack and 6 for the TD). 

The Giants looked like they angered the football gods before the game, nothing went their way, mistake after mistake. 

Browns and Lions had much more impressive wins this weekend. Maybe they're headed to the Super Bowl.

Yeah here is the scoring breakdown.

IMG_2110.thumb.png.6096e6d23a78b25dcd457e8747fa68af.png

35 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Yeah here is the scoring breakdown.

IMG_2110.thumb.png.6096e6d23a78b25dcd457e8747fa68af.png

I forgot there was also a ST TD and we don't score those as part of defense, that accounted for a large part of the difference (8 total with TD and blocked kick) plus you do bigger points for fumble (1 for forcing, another 2 for recovery). 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Impressive that they won, but not really impressive wins. Det offense was not that good, if not for KT handing off that pick 6 and his other drops, KC wins.(can't believe Raiders in first place in AFC West😆)

Not a Cowboy fan, but can certainly agree that after week 1 they have a good shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Except for the opening drive.   They came out and looked like they were gonna have a field day against that D.  

40 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

Impressive that they won, but not really impressive wins. Det offense was not that good, if not for KT handing off that pick 6 and his other drops, KC wins.(can't believe Raiders in first place in AFC West😆)

Not a Cowboy fan, but can certainly agree that after week 1 they have a good shot.

Did you watch the Browns game? Their defense shut down Burrow and the high powered Bengals offense. How is that not an impressive win? Their offense was also pretty good, and their new kicker did great knocking down 40+ yard kicks. 

I also think the Lions defense did a lot to make the Chiefs offense struggled. Their offense was as good as it needed to be, keeping the ball away from Mahomes including a crucial 1st down on 3rd and 2 with almost 2 minutes left. Seemed impressive to many who expected the Chiefs to roll. 

But as usual perennial bad teams don't get any respect, while the Cowboys get talked about as Super Bowl contenders. 

I am a firm believer that we never get next level with Dak. It was a terrific rivalry win last night and that defense is no frigging joke , but somewhere down the line you are going to need your qb to put a team on his back in a big spot , and IMO Dak isnt that guy. Great character guy though, I love that about him. Just a terribly inaccurate passer 

41 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Did you watch the Browns game? Their defense shut down Burrow and the high powered Bengals offense. How is that not an impressive win? Their offense was also pretty good, and their new kicker did great knocking down 40+ yard kicks. 

I also think the Lions defense did a lot to make the Chiefs offense struggled. Their offense was as good as it needed to be, keeping the ball away from Mahomes including a crucial 1st down on 3rd and 2 with almost 2 minutes left. Seemed impressive to many who expected the Chiefs to roll. 

But as usual perennial bad teams don't get any respect, while the Cowboys get talked about as Super Bowl contenders. 

I watched both games and I would like to see either of those teams make the dance. I agree that the defenses were both good. The offense though for each was not great, granted the Cle weather was ugly. It is just week 1, so hopefully the offenses will get more in sync and round them out to Super contenders. Unlikely either of those teams would have been able to overcome Dallas defense last night though, so as I said, after week 1, Dallas has a good shot. After week 2, maybe that changes. Hopefully so, as it's not looking like my Seahawks will be a contender after their first game.

• 4 weeks later...

Just damn!  I mean, I knew the league was fixed but they didn't have to go this far!  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, gijoerock said:

Mike McCarthy is getting out coached. This is a new era of football. Even Bill Belichick is obsolete.

Meh.  The most talented teams usually do pretty good.  

The Cowboys are never as good as their fans think they are 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, irish said:

Just damn!  I mean, I knew the league was fixed but they didn't have to go this far!  

You guys have Trey Lance though.  No one could put a price on 2023 Trey Lance until the Cowboys traded away a 4th round pick for him.

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

You guys have Trey Lance though.  No one could put a price on 2023 Trey Lance until the Cowboys traded away a 4th round pick for him.

So true.   Still think that wasn't terrible though. 1st round prospect that wasn't given much of a chance gotten for a 4th rounder... I'll take it. He did a great job catching the ball and giving it to Dak during warm ups. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, irish said:

So true.   Still think that wasn't terrible though. 1st round prospect that wasn't given much of a chance gotten for a 4th rounder... I'll take it. He did a great job catching the ball and giving it to Dak during warm ups. 

Thanks for your input @irish. Brock helped me win this week. I'm feeling pretty cool with that decision. I think it's time to let go of Trevor and ride with Brock & Geno.

Edited by gijoerock
Updated
  • Like 1

• DMD locked this topic