[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas is going to the SB!

irish

1 hour ago, Big John said:

You put in an exclamation point; you finished the sentence. :smash: 

What a killjoy!!!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gopher said:

How about "Dallas is going to the SB.....

They'll be in Section 241, rows 6-8."  

There is no section 241 in Allegiant Stadium, host of this year's Super Bowl: https://blog.ticketiq.com/hs-fs/hubfs/las+vegas+raiders+seating+chart.jpg?width=1800&name=las+vegas+raiders+seating+chart.jpg

Edited by Big John
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Like I think I said before, you need to win 2, maybe 3 playoff games in a row against quality teams to reach the SB. Not easy, last year (first with expanded playoffs) the 1 seeds advanced, the year before neither of the top 2 seeds in either conference advanced.

16 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Like I think I said before, you need to win 2, maybe 3 playoff games in a row against quality teams to reach the SB. Not easy, last year (first with expanded playoffs) the 1 seeds advanced, the year before neither of the top 2 seeds in either conference advanced.

It expanded to 7 teams in each conference in 2020.

11 minutes ago, Big John said:

That is what necessitated it.

For some reason I was thinking that the best wild card team was hosting a playoff game. But that would have been further back, in the early 2000s before re-alignment to 4 divisions. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

For some reason I was thinking that the best wild card team was hosting a playoff game. But that would have been further back, in the early 2000s before re-alignment to 4 divisions. 

1990-2001.  Realignment occurred in 2002.

• Like 1

Goes back to what I said earlier in this thread. We have no running game and we were also very poor at stopping the run. Cook was getting 6 yards a clip on first down. Complete control of the clock and the game when that happens . Dallas got whooped. No excuses. They have a punchers chance against anyone but they arent the team to beat . I fully expected to lose yesterday 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, whomper said:

Goes back to what I said earlier in this thread. We have no running game and we were also very poor at stopping the run. Cook was getting 6 yards a clip on first down. Complete control of the clock and the game when that happens . Dallas got whooped. No excuses. They have a punchers chance against anyone but they aren't the team to beat . I fully expected to lose yesterday 

Funny how matchups make such a difference sometimes.  Buffalo clearly had Dallas' number (and I'm sure home field helped somewhat as well).  Had it been MIN vs DAL, there is no question in my mind it would have been the exact opposite.  MIN can't handle dominant D-lines well, and DAL certainly has that.  

Not saying BUF and MIN are comparable teams or whatever.  But, they were both 7-6 coming INTO this week. That said, I think it's clear they are trending in different directions.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Watch out for those Bills. They will be 10-6 in all likelihood soon and then playing MIA which may or may not have anything to play for. Not a team id like to play

Miami's schedule the next three weeks is brutal.  DAL at home this week might be the easiest of the three games left.  If BUF wins their next two (Chargers and Patriots), and Miami loses to either DAL or at Baltimore, that game will be for all the marbles.  Buffalo would hold the tie-breaker over Miami if they beat them, as they already beat them earlier this year.  

On the other hand, MIA currently controls their destiny.  If they beat DAL and BAL, the BUF game won't matter (for the division... it will still likely matter to one, if not both, of them in terms of playoff seeding). 

The remaining schedules for some of the top contending teams is pretty brutal, several have at least 2 tough games left. 

MIA - DAL, @BAL, BUF

BAL - @SF, MIA, PIT

SF - BAL, @WAS, LAR (Rams won 4 of last 5)

DAL - @MIA, DET, @WAS

Others like KC, PHI have it much easier. The Lions schedule (@DAL & MIN twice) is more favorable as the Vikings continue to struggle and now on QB #3. 

9 hours ago, whomper said:

Goes back to what I said earlier in this thread. We have no running game and we were also very poor at stopping the run. Cook was getting 6 yards a clip on first down. Complete control of the clock and the game when that happens . Dallas got whooped. No excuses. They have a punchers chance against anyone but they arent the team to beat . I fully expected to lose yesterday 

solid post

• 3 weeks later...

I am painfully aware of the prospect of gut wrenching loss that awaits . That being said , glad we won the division and can hold home field if we keep winning until the championship game . Amazing how bad Philly shit the bed .  I hope the Gilmore injury isnt too bad 

2 minutes ago, whomper said:

I am painfully aware of the prospect of gut wrenching loss that awaits . That being said , glad we won the division and can hold home field if we keep winning until the championship game . Amazing how bad Philly shit the bed .  I hope the Gilmore injury isnt too bad 

As much as it pains me to say, Dallas took the bull by the horns and got the job done. You are 100% right on Philly. What exactly went wrong with them I don't know, but they are definitely not the same team from the first half of the season.

• DMD locked this topic