[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dayne breaks 1300 this year?

polksalet

Anyone else looking for the great one to return to last year's preseason form and take tater's job? i am going to call 1350 and 8 right now as well as another 50 yds receiving.

Ron Dayne certainly has the talent. He is a north south runner with power and surprising quickness and explosion. Mike Shannahan really likes Dayne and brought him in for a reason. He has no confidence in Bell. And lets face it, Shannihan is the expert in developing rb's that nobody else wanted. Mike Anderson, Terrell Davis, Rueben Droughans all come to mind. He will do the same with Ron Dayne who was an absolute monster in college but just hasnt had the right situation in the pro's yet...

Anyone else looking for the great one to return to last year's preseason form and take tater's job? i am going to call 1350 and 8 right now as well as another 50 yds receiving.

892621[/snapback]

When you say 1,300 you are referring to pounds I assume. In that case, I accept. Ron Dayne will weigh as much as an automobile by season's end.

Ron Dayne certainly has the talent.  He is a north south runner with power and surprising quickness and explosion.  Mike Shannahan really likes Dayne and brought him in for a reason.  He has no confidence in Bell.  And lets face it, Shannihan is the expert in developing rb's that nobody else wanted.  Mike Anderson, Terrell Davis, Rueben Droughans all come to mind.  He will do the same with Ron Dayne who was an absolute monster in college but just hasnt had the right situation in the pro's yet...

892721[/snapback]

No one in their right mind can question any of this. He's going to be a great one before all is said and done. The only thing I'd disagree on is the monster thing. I think he's still very much a monster, just not on the football field.. :D

Ron Dayne certainly has the talent.  He is a north south runner with power and surprising quickness and explosion.  Mike Shannahan really likes Dayne and brought him in for a reason.  He has no confidence in Bell.  And lets face it, Shannihan is the expert in developing rb's that nobody else wanted.  Mike Anderson, Terrell Davis, Rueben Droughans all come to mind.  He will do the same with Ron Dayne who was an absolute monster in college but just hasnt had the right situation in the pro's yet...

892721[/snapback]

I just figured that Shanny brought him in because Anderson was hurt all of last year and with Droughns going to Cleveland he needed another FB to back up Anderson. I am hoping that T Bell will be given the reigns and run away with the starting job. Then again this is Shanahan so we will not know until gametime of the first game. :D

I am hoping that T Bell will be given the reigns and run away with the starting job.  Then again this is Shanahan so we will not know until gametime of the first game. :D

892772[/snapback]

And there's no guarantee that we would know then.

We could see any combo of Tatum/Anderson/Dayne/Griffin for the first 4 games or so and then Skeletor switches to Clarett a la how he handled Portis his 1st year.

... He will do the same with Ron Dayne who was an absolute monster in college but just hasnt had the right situation in the pro's yet...

892721[/snapback]

Surprising that being picked at the first RB taken in the NFL draft and given every opportunity to succeed with all that money invested ends up as not the right situation but going to a team as the #4 RB is the right situation? :D

Surprising that being picked at the first RB taken in the NFL draft and given every opportunity to succeed with all that money invested ends up as not the right situation but going to a team as the #4 RB is the right situation?  :D

892932[/snapback]

No standing up in the boat and quit making so much dam noise! And pass me one of those ham sammiches please!

Dayne will see the field only in short yardage and goal line and it will be as a full back IMO...lead blocking(can he do that is yet to be determined)...Dayne is toast and will drift off into the sunset after Shannanigans sees he doesn't need him...if I was going to put my money on any Denver Back it would be (after Bell)---Mike Anderson to vulture yards and TD's from Bell....JMHO :D