[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pinkston out for the year

piratesownninjas

MFL? This is what they have under player link.

Fri Aug 5 12:04:00 p.m. CT 2005)

(KFFL) Andy Schwartz, of Comcast SportsNet, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Todd Pinkston (Achilles') was carted off the field Friday, Aug. 5, with an injured Achilles' tendon. The severity of the injury is not yet determined and he will undergo an MRI.

EDIT: Sorry this is a repost of info.

From the Eagles official site...

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Receiver Todd Pinkston and running back Correll Buckhalter both left Friday morning's practice with injuries. Pinkston suffered an Achilles injury and will undergo an MRI. Buckhalter, who has lost two seasons due to knee injuries, once again hurt his knee.

Both injuries occurred during the team's live period. First, Buckhalter came up limping after a run between the tackles. He was examined a short time on the sideline before being taken to the trainer's tent for further examination. A short time later, Pinkston got tangled with cornerback Matt Ware while going for a pass down the left sideline. Pinkston got up briefly, but then laid down and awaited medical attention.

Edited by bigmike4969

Reggie Brown's 2005 fantasy value soars ... Published Fri Aug 5 2:28:00 p.m. ET 2005

(Rotoworld) Reggie Brown's 2005 fantasy value soars following the news that Todd Pinkston will miss the season.

Impact: Brown has wowed coaches all off-season, but he was battling for the third receiver spot at best. Now he can compete to be a starter. Even if he starts the year behind Greg Lewis, the former Georgia star could see his role grow. He's worth a look in deeper leagues.

the sleeper here is Billy McMullen

912823[/snapback]

you mean Greg Lewis...people still don't even mention McMullen...

someone compared lewis to MH :D ... :D ...but that was last camp, and I liked this cat all of last season...

McMullen is already being set aside by Reggie Brown....even Dawkins was talking about him yesterday and how he's really picking up the playbook quick...unlike McMullen and FredEx....this kid is going to fill the slot nicely unless he beats out Lewis for the starting spot...

Lewis wasn't starting before because Pinkston was signed to a long term contract and they don't like doing that..

I'd put Brown ahead of Lewis in sleeper rankings, IMO.

Achilles injury?   :D  :D  :doah:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D And I speak from experience.

912856[/snapback]

I like both of them more than Pinkston...so I guess it doesn't matter..

but Brown is still in his 1st year in the system...regardless of how fast he's picking it up...I think it will play a factor in him starting unless he's just amazing...

this situation will play itself out...I wish I could have my draft on the 27th instead of the 20th

Edited by Avernus

Let's Review:

Eagles top receivers from last season:

Terrell Owens- not a happy camper, and I'm not convinced that he plays his season

Brian Westbrook- not a camper at all. Doesn't look good right now.

Todd Pinkston- Done for the year.

Freddie Mitchell- In KC

L.J. Smith- Big bump for LJ?

Chad Lewis- still busted up.

IS McNabb really a top-tier QB with this mess going on with the Eagles O? I wouldn't take him unless he seriously fall. Not looking good in Eagles camp right now. :D

Let's Review:

Eagles top receivers from last season:

Terrell Owens- not a happy camper, and I'm not convinced that he plays his season

Brian Westbrook- not a camper at all. Doesn't look good right now.

Todd Pinkston- Done for the year.

Freddie Mitchell- In KC

L.J. Smith- Big bump for LJ?

Chad Lewis- still busted up.

IS McNabb really a top-tier QB with this mess going on with the Eagles O? I wouldn't take him unless he seriously fall. Not looking good in Eagles camp right now.  :D

912896[/snapback]

it always does just about every year...and then they somehow tape it up and keep playing...

last year it was a different story...besides that it was the same