[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Job?

Flip_Side

First job with a paycheck was as a dishwasher/bus boy at a Sizzler's when I was 15. Got paid $1.30 an hour and could not imagine what I was going to do with $32 from my first paycheck.

Ends up it wasn't really all that much money.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i grew up in sf. both parents are from ny. mother's brother owns restaurants in NY... when i was around 12 i started spending summer with my uncle and would work 3-4 days in the kitchen... i was a prep biyotch

:D

Wow, like 99% of you had paper routes.

How old are you Flip?

Add me to the paper route list, Det News and the local neighborhood rag for about 2 years each.

Also worked at the local party store and summer camp for the city.

My first job was working at Waffle House when I was 14. I was the assistant cook which means that I had to make the toast and waffles, and set up the plates with stuff. I also had to help throw out the drunks who would get belligerent with the waitresses at about 2:00 am...

Edited by spain

I worked in a giant screen printing warehouse when I was 16 in the shipping and handling department. I would get to unload and load HUGH trucks with a forklift. It wasn't bad for a first job. It was actually pretty fun work.

Afternoon paperboy on my bike at 13 before the adults took over and ruined that business for kids.

Mowed the lawn for most of the neighborhood before the Mexicans took over and ruined that business for kids.

First job where the gubment took most my money was stockboy at a small neighborhood grocery store before the big chain stores took over and ruined that business for kids.

My kid is going to work as soon as he can walk and understand enough english to follow orders.

"I'll change your diaper after you mow the lawn... get to work!"

[spain]why our imigrant workers dont know enough[/spain]

First job at 17/18? The times they are a changing.

I'm 17, and I've had a few unofficial jobs before this but haven't been actually on the payroll.

Edited by Flip_Side