[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official NYG @ GBP thread

Swiss Cheezhead

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and somewhere, tiki is crying...

After Barber's words before the season, if I was Manning I would mention something about a certain RB holding us back the past few years.

Sweet win for the G-Men... They deserved it as they clearly outplayed the Pack. Too bad Favre had to implode late in a post season game again like that but that's what makes him #4. Go Giants in #42!

Sweet win for the G-Men... They deserved it as they clearly outplayed the Pack. Too bad Favre had to implode late in a post season game again like that but that's what makes him #4. Go Giants in #42!

I'm not a hugh Favre fan, but the fact that the Packers couldn't/wouldn't run the ball didn't help. Congrats to the Giants.

Philbin's playcalling was sub par today. Strong win for the Giants, but they got alot of help from dumb GB penalties and an inept offense.

Sports Action in Canada had NE as 1.05 payout against the Chargers, I don't know if I've ever seen it that low, but I'm preparing to when it comes out for the Superbowl. 1.02 or 1.03. Bet $100, make $3! YEAH.

Edited by ryankenn

I'm not a hugh Favre fan, but the fact that the Packers couldn't/wouldn't run the ball didn't help. Congrats to the Giants.

The Packers really beat themselves tonight. Tough loss. If they had run the ball and mixed it up a bit I bet we would have seen a much different ending to this game.

Glad the Giants got it, GB didn't deserve a win today.

Neither team looked like that wanted to win it. Both teams were gift wrapping the game for each other. Luckily for the Giants, Favre decided to bestow another baffling throw in OT... McCarthy's game plan was flawed as he got away from the run, and didn't get Jennings involved in the game. On the defensive side of the ball they were too stubborn or arrogant to get out of there initial scheme. Coverage should have been rolled over to help Harris slow down Plaxico, the front four didn't make any noise at all, and at times the defense seemed lost and out of position. The Packers didn't run the ball well, pass the ball well, shut down the run, or shut down the pass...

The Giants came out on top tonight, and I congratulate the Giants and fans of said team. The doubters are going to have to get off of Eli Manning now. What he has done has been nothing short of amazing. I can only hope that the Giants give us a better Super Bowl then they did last time...

I'm pretty bummed that McCarthy ran the ball Grant 13 times, and that the defense seemed lost, but the Packers are still the youngest team in the league, and are poised for a run next year as well... That's what I'm telling myself to cope.

Oh well...

Congrats Giants fans.

Favre should retire. GB has no heart. The Packers will be the 07 Saints next yr. I think Im gonna be sick.

+1, except the last comment. I actually enjoyed this game very much. Helluva lot more than last week. But then GB didnt get to play a real team last week, or they would be out already as well.

Buh Bye Packers. :D

+1, except the last comment. I actually enjoyed this game very much. Helluva lot more than last week. But then GB didnt get to play a real team last week, or they would be out already as well.

Buh Bye Packers. :D

4000 days since the cowboys won a playoff game.

What about OU bowl time?

Nice try trying to get me to come down to your level. It won't work, but I appreciate your attempt. :D

ive had 2 great weeks...the cowboys loose and now gb loose both teams fans need a good slap in the head.... now if the giants win it will be the trifecta

Dallas problem was they were too loose and undisciplined.

As far as this game..Plaxico was fantastic. Eli is maturing more and more each week. Id love to bump some old Eli threads here :D but seriously he has come into his own. On the GB side as much of a legend as he is Favre makes plays that would embarras a rookie sometimes. He was lucky to get that bonehead int back when they fumbled it after the pick. I said to my brother that Favre was gonna throw the pick on that last drive and he did. He is a terrible decision maker sometimes..Great season by the Pack though and they are young. Looks like some nice rivalries getting renewed in the NFC. Great win and run Giants . Truly a remarkable run..:D

Edited by whomper

Glad the Giants got it, GB didn't deserve a win today.

Absolute truth. GB looked flat and uninspired, for the most part.

This is not to diminish what the Giants did - taking down 3 of 4 div winners on the freakin' road is truly EARNING your way to the big game.

.Great season by the Pack though and they are young.

That's some serious salve on the wound for Packer fans - the team appears to have a pretty solid base, and the NFC Championship game was a total gift this year.

It still stings to lose a home playoff game, but the future looks promising for GB.

the NFC Championship game was a total gift this year.

Yeah, no doubt. No one, NO ONE, thought we'd be there this season. Great ride.

I saw that Brett playoff madness creeping in and I could just feel that he was going to lose it. Pressing, trying too hard to make something happen. It was like watching an avalanche. Oh discordia!

'Grats again to the Giants and their fans. Huddle G-men fans - y'all have been a real class act, I applaud you. :D

I can't remember a single really good play that Favre made. He missed open receivers all night long, the worst of which was the wide-open Driver in overtime. Our defense did everything they could when it mattered, and the O-line pass-protected better than I could have imagined.

This loss falls on Favre, which surprises and depresses me. After the season he had, I really didn't want him to be the reason for a defeat at Lambeau.

I can't remember a single really good play that Favre made. He missed open receivers all night long, the worst of which was the wide-open Driver in overtime. Our defense did everything they could when it mattered, and the O-line pass-protected better than I could have imagined.

This loss falls on Favre, which surprises and depresses me. After the season he had, I really didn't want him to be the reason for a defeat at Lambeau.

That was a true "live by the sword, die by the sword" moment.

Favre had a great season. Last night it looked like he was just not handling the conditions well and played poorly for it.

congrats to giants fans, enjoy it & we'll see ya in arizona. :D

and to swiss and the other pack fans, yeah it sucks right now, but did you ever in your wildest dreams think favre at this stage of his career would give the fans the kind of amazing season you had? and grant is the real deal -- looks like NYG has passed denver as the RB "farm system" for the NFL, eh? -- as is jennings...strong defense (although woodson is getting up there)...donald lee is emerging as a dominant TE....and even rodgers (if he can stay healthy) looked like a worthy heir apparent in spurts...nucleus of a continued strong team.