[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baby CFH

Clubfoothead

1:28 pm the newest CFH was born. She's 7 pounds 7 oz. Other than the hole in her heart, a pulmonary valve that has severe stenosis, a misshapen aorta and thickened walls on the right side of the heart, she's as healthy as something that's really healthy (I haven't slept since I woke up Thursday morning at 6:00 for work). She's in the NICU for the weekend but delightfully, only to monitor her oxygen levels. Knock on wood but she's been keeping the oxygen levels in the upper 80s without any assistance. She's going to have to have major heart surgery to fix all that $hit in 3 or 4 months. If you are not familiar with the situation, that is better than we dared hope for. There's better than a 50-50 chance she'll be able to come home next week.

Cute as a button, a full head of ginger curls, eating a ton and probably a surprise to nobody around here, she's got a lot to say for being only 6 1/2 hours old. Mom is tired but otherwise no worse for the wear.

I'd like to once again take this opportunity to thank everyone around here for everything. And whenever life kicks any of ya'll in the crotch know that I look forward to the opportunity to offer whatever assistance I can.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great attitude! Prayers will go out to your daughter and her Mom and Dad. My sister had a daughter 6 years ago with the exact same problem at birth. They waited 4 months, had the surgery, and she is doing incredibly well. In fact the two of them are spending the night here tonight. Congratulations to you and your family. This setback will only bring the two of you closer. In that regard, it is a blessing.