[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What does your Spouse/ S.O think of the huddle ?

whomper

Your Spouses /SO thoughts on the huddle  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What does your Spouse/ SO think of the huddle ?

• They dont know about it
    • They dont care about it
    • They know what this place is about
    • They think you are nuts for spending so much time here
    • Puddy

Does your Wife/Husband/Significant other have an opinion on the huddle ? I know some of our spouses know how we feel about this place and a little bit about what goes on here. I know others probably think we are nuts for spending so much time here. I am sure there are others that dont really know about this place at all. If you are a regular I would think your spouse/SO at some point realizes you are on the computer a lot and frequent this place often. What do they think about this place if they think of it at all ?

Edited by whomper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She thinks I'm nuts but she has learned to accept it now that I actually go on trips with some of you momos. :D

:wacko: When my wife is busting my balls when I jump on the computer to see what is going on here she calls it "The Cuddle"

My wife thinks i spend too much time here, but she has always thought that it had to do with Fantasy Football. Just this last week, she was ragging on me about it, and I called her over and showed her the Aqua thread and explained that I actually consider you people my friends. As she was reading Aqua's thread, she started crying a little bit. :wacko:

So that was more of a reaction than I was going for, but at least it got the point across. That my addiction here is fueled by much more than Fantasy Football... and for whatever reason it's important to me.

I voted "They think you are nuts for spending so much time here".

Mine actually understands though. Im infatuated with FF, and this place is more of a social place than just a FF board. It is my 2nd family. No whomper, that doesnt mean you can consider my wife fair game. :wacko:

My wife used to think I was nuts for my time spent on here. Then, when so many of you were helpful to me when my Dad lost, she gained a lot of respect for this place and the relationships that are formed here. Since then, I've shown her many of the threads that show what this place is all about: Aqualung's thread, the New Orleans project, Whomper sending the guitar, etc. I also show her all of the funny threads and posts. Her favorite is when someone (Big John ?) was going on and on about the moors of society. He must have written moors 10 times. Whomper came on and simply wrote "It's moops" ....as a fan of Seinfeld, my wife was laughing hysterically.

My wife thinks i spend too much time here, but she has always thought that it had to do with Fantasy Football. Just this last week, she was ragging on me about it, and I called her over and showed her the Aqua thread and explained that I actually consider you people my friends. As she was reading Aqua's thread, she started crying a little bit. :D

did she cry because it's a touching story or because she married a dork with imaginary friends? :wacko:

My wife accepts it. Especially with having met many of you and sharing the non-football aspect of it, she understands. It truly was my source of friendship for a while when I first moved from Northern to Southern California and the only people I knew were my wife's family.

No whomper, that doesnt mean you can consider my wife fair game. :D

:wacko:

My wife used to think I was nuts for my time spent on here. Then, when so many of you were helpful to me when my Dad lost, she gained a lot of respect for this place and the relationships that are formed here. Since then, I've shown her many of the threads that show what this place is all about: Aqualung's thread, the New Orleans project, Whomper sending the guitar, etc. I also show her all of the funny threads and posts. Her favorite is when someone (Big John ?) was going on and on about the moors of society. He must have written moors 10 times. Whomper came on and simply wrote "It's moops" ....as a fan of Seinfeld, my wife was laughing hysterically.

:D

my wife kind of thinks I'm nuts, but she doesn't care that I'm here. She has some understanding of what goes on here. She becomes a little more irritated during football season when I spend more time actually engaged in fantasy football.

I voted puddy for none of the above. Were there an answer "Would freak if she knew how much time I spent here", I would vote for that.

As far as she's concerned, The Huddle (or specifically the Tailgate) is an immensely helpful community of people from all walks of life and a surprisingly good resource to find answers to random questions. This of course, is only partly true.

She's taken to say, "Why don't you ask your Huddle geeks about X" if we are, in fact, looking for the answer to some random question.

My wife knows about this place. She doesn't know how much time I spend here. She's ok with it. Every now and then I have her read some of the crap posted here. Sometimes she laughs at it, some times she laughs at us.

My wife knew she was marrying a dork. The time and effort I spend arguing with you homos around here only served highlighted how severely she underestimated the magnitude.

Yup. She refers to thehuddle as my imaginary friends.