[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad the terrible call in the last game ends up having no bearing.

great stuff going into stoppage to pull it out.

interesting how close group D is right now with ghana and germany heading off.

yeah those calls would have been dissected for months or longer had the US not made it through...

i was concentrating on an email and had hit mute, looked up and our boys were celebrating... had to watch the replay :tup:

anyways, tough draw with the US likely playing germany... i will of course root for the us of a, but ummm... :wacko:

Somebody please explain this to me: when Donovon shot, a US teammate was was in the net and behind all of the algerians. Should that have been offsides?

no--because he did not play a role in the play. (If Donovan had passed the ball to him instead of shooting, then it would have been offsides.)

Somebody please explain this to me: when Donovon shot, a US teammate was was in the net and behind all of the algerians. Should that have been offsides?

IIRC, if it's a shot on goal then no off sides. If Donovan was passing it, then yes, off sides.

ETA: Or what wiegie said.

Edited by BiggieFries

:wacko: I popped my World Cup "never have seen a goal in my life live" cherry. Watched the last 5 minutes or so. Pretty cool.

It's sorta like the NBA, isn't it? Just watch the final few minutes for the excitement. Anyways, good job USA.