[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty scared right now

Sugar Magnolia

Have had symptoms of "abonormal bleeding" in the women's area for about a month. Tests came back today with an abnormally thick endometrium and abnormal cells in the cervix which could mean cancer of the uterus. I am pretty scared right now, and an anxious person as it is. Biopsy can't be done for three weeks, and then another 7-10 days of waiting for results. This will be a long 5 weeks for me. :wacko:

Any advice from y'all on how to keep myself positive, busy, and distracted would be great. Thanks.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Keep busy. Schedule something early in each day that you need to keep (depression can keep you in bed far longer than you want it to). Spend lots of time outside (b vitamins are good for the emotions).

Prayers sent. Big + 1 on talking with Chargerz. He is the best. Lunch with Bunz should take your mind of things. She is the best too. Try and think positive and know we are all here for you if you need us

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Aside from that, there is no magic regarding keeping positive/busy/distracted. What might work for one person might not work for another. Spending time with friends, reading, immersing yourself in work, doing a home project, etc. are all suggestions. The suggestion to get out of your home is a good one and something you should do every day. When one is worried or depressed, just sitting inside can add to those feelings, almost like the walls are closing in on you. So at a minimum, go for a walk each day or if you like to exercise, get to the gym each day.

first, you gotta get the data. this could probably be many things. i know that's easy to say and probably doesn't help the worrying. being with others, volunteering, exercising are all great ideas for keeping you engaged until then.

the fact that modern medicine is so amazing is hopefully a bit of comfort. in the past few years my mom has kicked breast cancer's ass and had her hip replaced. she's battled through it all with the help of some great doctors and is now back out in her garden after having just turned 70.

our family will be praying for you and do hook up with chargerz asap. he can at least start sharing some data immediately to hopefully help remove some of the fear of the unknown ...

So very sorry to hear of this, prayers sent for you. My sister had the same exact thing--or thereabouts; she had displasia, thickening of the endomentrium, enlarged uterus, fibroids, and endured a year or so of abnormal bleeding that you have gone thru. She had an endometrial biopsy, then proceeded to have a laproscopically-assisted hysterectomy in June, which was a very easy recovery for her. She is 41. I'm sure everything will be fine and definitely treatable. Try not to worry, it is easier said than done, watch some funny movies, read some long books that can help u take your mind off of things for awhile. Take care friend:)

I'll remember you in my prayers.

I would say this... that knowledge is power. Take one or two of the upcoming weeks and just research and read as much as you can on the subject. But be prepared that this might make you feel worse... still I think its important. Then, for the rest of the time that you are waiting, just try to let it go. Take a vacation if you have some time... fill up your mind with anything and everything else if you can (which might be a lot easier said than done). Know that we are praying for you and that God is hearing us.

Have had symptoms of "abonormal bleeding" in the women's area for about a month. Tests came back today with an abnormally thick endometrium and abnormal cells in the cervix which could mean cancer of the uterus. I am pretty scared right now, and an anxious person as it is. Biopsy can't be done for three weeks, and then another 7-10 days of waiting for results. This will be a long 5 weeks for me. :wacko:

Any advice from y'all on how to keep myself positive, busy, and distracted would be great. Thanks.

Just curious sugar. Is there a medical reason for this or is this just the soonest they can schedule you ?

No suggestions other than to try and keep yourself busy. This may be a good time to take on projects you've been putting off. As stated before, we got your back.

My wife had similar symptoms when we were first dating and it turned out to be fibroids. She had them removed which is a pretty routine procedure and she was good as new after that. Hoping the same is true for you, or even something less troublesome. Prayers sent.

ETA: Regarding the stress and taking your mind off it, my wife and I have been going to a lot of movies lately, especially comedies. Laughing for a couple hours together takes our minds off things here.

Edited by matt770