[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Tracker

League_Champion

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, Jimmy G is running out of suitors. I wonder if the price is too high? I thought for sure he'd have a job by now. 

he's not going to be able to throw for about 4 months...hard to invest in that.

Edit: projecting late june/early july... so after the draft. it puts a potential team in a bad situation.

I still would like him to stay and start in SF

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stethant said:

Is something wrong with Allen Robinson? Why are teams throwing money at Christian Kirk and Ced Wilson when ARob is available? I don't get it.

Am I missing something?

He's not good? :shrug:

53 minutes ago, Def. said:

He's not good? :shrug:

really?

he's had:

with jax: 

80/1400/14

73/883/6

with chi:

55/750/4 in 12 games

98/1147/7

102/1250/6

with nasty qb situations... put him into a better system, with a better qb... and he is a fine looking #2/#1

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

really?

he's had:

with jax: 

80/1400/14

73/883/6

with chi:

55/750/4 in 12 games

98/1147/7

102/1250/6

with nasty qb situations... put him into a better system, with a better qb... and he is a fine looking #2/#1

Was hard to watch him last year and while I get historically, I just don't think he's someone you can throw out there anymore and pepper with targets which is how he's made a career.  Frankly, I think he may of peaked in a wasteful Chicago offense 2-3 years ago.  Last year (his 410 yard 1 TD year that was omitted from your post), I remember him not being able to separate from anyone.  I'm sure the inconsistency of the offense and poor coaching scheme didn't help, but as previously mentioned he's made a career out of being good in bad teams so what changed that much?  Can't say for sure, but my guess would be largely 8 years of being beaten down by those bad teams/offenses has taken its toll. 

So I expect him to continue to falter, especially if he's trotted out as the primary of a team.  I think he's reach the point where he needs to be more of the team's WR2 then the WR1.  Out of the teams he's currently rumored for, Lions will be joining another Jax/Chi situation, Browns have WR help but no QB, and KC simply doesn't utilize there WR2/3 with any consistency.  But that's just my :2cents: so don't put too much into it.  I mean Jax just dropped over 70 mil on Christian Kirk ffs, I'd probably rather sign ARob to a 3 year deal as a teams WR1 and pray over that deal. 

Edited by Def.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

@Def.

yeah...last year he played in 10/11 games (3 with dalton).  Where he lands will determine his production. I think he could be a great value as a support wr. having fields did not help him.

If ARob reunites with Trubisky in Pittsburgh...the world will immediately end and I will jizz in my pants. Good way to go out.

• Haha 4

Browns have released center (and NFLPA president) JC Tretter, making him a free agent, and saving over $8M in cap

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33509959/cleveland-browns-release-center-jc-tretter-save-825-million-salary-cap

While this mostly appears to be a salary cap move, the Browns do have a plan going forward (according to ESPN article)

Tretter's release clears the way for Nick Harris to take over as Cleveland's starting center. The Browns drafted Harris in the fifth round out of Washington. He has made one start in each of the past two seasons at guard.

What is Miami doing??  I guess Edmonds will always be a backup.  And with Waddle and Gesicki, I now have 3 Dolphins.  Fortunately I dropped Tua and kept Herbert after their rookie seasons.  I hate starting Miami players.

Gregory can suck it. How many chances did Dallas give that guy. Big talent and I wanted him back for sure , but I wont miss his heart breaking penalties 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Guys on radio think we over paid. 

Thoughts? 

Good luck

"Gregory has served multiple suspensions due to violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He missed 14 games in 2016 due to two failed drug tests and ended up checking himself into a treatment facility. He was suspended for the entire 2017 season and again for the 2019 season, also due to violations of the substance abuse policy. He spoke to ESPN about his issues with addiction in 2018."

J.D. McKissic signs with the Bills.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/15/j-d-mckissic-agrees-to-sign-with-bills/

So will Gibson finally work as an every down guy?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

2 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/15/j-d-mckissic-agrees-to-sign-with-bills/

He has 12 carries per game as a rookie, increased that to 16/game last year, and also had 2.5 receptions per game. That's pretty close to 20 touches already. Can he handle more? 

His snap count went up from 43 to 57% in his second year. 

Even guys who are every down guys (Nick Chubb) will not carry the load like the old days. Look at the Zeke-Pollard split in DAL last year. 

3 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

I would think they try adding a pass-catching back like McKissic back into the same role.  I don't think Gibson can handle a Jonathan Taylor type of workload.  Maybe I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Great sign for the Bills (NSFFF).