[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Serious Question

H8tank

Question is, would the competition committe change the rules?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Question is, would the competition committe change the rules?

• Yes, they would change the rules since not every team can have this little man.
    • No, they let him play, and the skins become a dynasty team the likes we've never seen... 3 points at a time.

Ironic, isn't it, that this scenario is posed the morning after the Super Bowl? We are in for one heck of an off season... :D

But in answer to your question, I don't think the rules would be changed...teams being in kickers for tryouts all the time. They may change the ball again, however.

Edited by The Wolf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted no. But it's imposible because teams would find dudes that are like 7 1/2 feet tall to just block the kicks.

There is a "Gary Lewis" rule preventing defenders from taking a running start in order to leap to block kicks, as he was doing that a lot in the early 1980s.

Is there any rule in the NFL that says your kicker has to be human?

I bet a properly trained donkey could kick FGs consistently from 70+ yards.

3 years removed from High School and needs to sign a contract are a couple provisions needed to be met.

I'm fairly certain that it is physically impossible to kick the ball that far...

The trajectory it would take to get the ball to go that far is insane...

Here is a question for you...

If a giant is born... lete say 20 feet tall and 700 pounds, and he can stomp on people and kill them, do you think the competition committe would let him kill people?

In the spirit of the question.... if someone were to come along that made a complete mockery out of a part of the game... then yes, they would change the rules.

There have been many rule changes due to someone coming along that did something so well that the NFL had to curb what they were doing. And these people weren't freaks of nature. So if the NFL would change things for regular players.... surely they would change the rules for a freak of nature.

I will have to say though.... it would be nice if they grandfathered that rule so that the Redskins PK could continue hitting those 80 yarders. LOL

Ok. I've thought about it.

If they didn't change the rules when a game-changing player like Mike Vick joined the league with his unstoppable offensive power, then they won't change the rules for this. :D

They also haven't changed the rules when a team is seriously handicapped by their coach. So I also doubt that they'd change the rules over this lil kicker dude.

Lets say some free agent comes on the scene from tibet or some other far reaching corner of the world, some little dude, maybe 4'11 and 100#'s wet... but he has giant legs. Let say it turns out he can repeatedly kick 80 yard field goals accurately, over and over he can kick them, and he gets signed by the Redskins...

For weeks they keep testing his leg, and by week 8 he is kicking from the opposing 20 yardline after a touchback and 3 and out, the offense never has to move the ball a yard and this little pecker can hit it though the uprights. By week 12, they are just kicking the field goal on 1st down cause then they don't have to worry about a fumble or sack.

Question is, would the competition committe change the rules?

No, because eventually someone would take him out. Long before Week 8.

Edited by godtomsatan

The easiest way to change the rules to negate the giant-legged Tibetan would obviously be to ban field goals further out than the 40 yard line or thereabouts.

I don't believe I've got involved in this nonsense. Gotta be the off-season. :D