[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, this NEVER happened to me before (ever)

muck

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you shouldn't get a pat on the back for being faithful. That's what you're supposed to do, and it's what your wife expects. The fact that you seem impressed by it could be a serious problem for her. She'd think "Why is this a big deal, and why didn't he just tell her to leave him alone?" Or... telling her might give her the impression that you're saying: "By the way... other chicks still dig me, so keep your A game up or else."

Either way, I would downplay the incident. Some drunk chick was inappropriate and you nipped it in the bud. That's all. Hardly worth talking about. Any "Whoo! I narrowly avoided cheating on you!" stuff is not going to earn a congratulations from her.

Finally the voice of reason.

Just my .02 but to add to that, IMO you played this foolishly not doing anything other than strongly and clearly discouraging her right off the bat (revealing being married right off showing your ring etc) and continuing to talk to a hot, buzzed woman who wants you could very easily be considered "flirting," even if you made no suggestive remarks.

Also unlike most I disagree w/telling your wife, but it obviously worked out, so good for you. But for many women this could have just as easily planted a seed of doubt in her mind vs "reassuring" her, esp if she heard the details above.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Swampnut's "Swampette"....(or wife).

Yeah...you were flattered, you were even probably imagining what it would be like....don't we all at one time or another when you've been married with kids like a lot of us...but, YOU DIDN'T DO IT....for heaven's sake...let it go!

I wonder who the Swampette is fantasizing about....Loaf?

I just told her the version of something along the lines of "you won't believe what happened" ...

She laughed.

I told her I wanted her to know.

She said, "Just in case it got back to me that my husband was seen with another woman." More laughter.

...all's good...

Thanks!

:wacko:

Edited by whomper

I just told her the version of something along the lines of "you won't believe what happened" ...

She laughed.

She said, "Just in case it got back to me that my husband was seen with another woman." More laughter.

...all's good...

Thanks!

So you left out the part where you spent most of the rest of the night rubbing one out to the mental image of this hot chick with no tan lines.

She laughed.

...all's good...

Thanks!

What did I say? 80% chance of laughing. :wacko:

What did I say? 80% chance of laughing. :wacko:

Thats just because he was nude when he told her and she was laughing at his pepper

Edited by whomper

Remember, you can't get the crabs from your own hand.

I don't want to burst your manly Roman-godlike stature, Muck, but she probably just moved on to the next guy and banged him like a broken screen door. If she's gonna do it to one, she's gonna do it to all.

And yes, they were real and they were fabulous.

muck and everyone else, just remember this for next time...the best way for all involved to diffuse this type of situation in the future would be to take out your phone, start snapping pictures, and say "hold on, I need pictures of this so my imaginary internet friends will believe me."

So you left out the part where you spent most of the rest of the night rubbing one out to the mental image of this hot chick with no tan lines.

...actually, that didn't happen...seriously.

I don't want to burst your manly Roman-godlike stature, Muck, but she probably just moved on to the next guy and banged him like a broken screen door. If she's gonna do it to one, she's gonna do it to all.

...actually, I would not be surprised if this did happen...even if she "helped herself" (if you will)...

muck and everyone else, just remember this for next time...the best way for all involved to diffuse this type of situation in the future would be to take out your phone, start snapping pictures, and say "hold on, I need pictures of this so my imaginary internet friends will believe me."

:wacko:

You didn't really do anything wrong and handled the situation well. The only curious thing is not making your wedding obvious earlier in the conversation. That said, I think it is only natural and even acceptable that the married man/woman sometimes wants to flirt with the "what-ifs" in life. Call it a testing of one's will power, call it a thirst for some adventure or to feel a little excitement in one's married life. We can love our wives/husbands dearly, but in even the best marriages, things can get slightly stale.

Some may disagree with me, but you were upfront with all except the hiding of the wedding ring. Maybe you were asking for trouble by being at the bar late night on a Saturday night, but it's nice to get out of the house and enjoy a beer in public. If you have any guilt about it, tell the wife. If you feel as if you did nothing wrong and carry no guilt, let it drop. Only you understand how your wife will react and feel as if her trust has been violated.

The fact is, no matter how clueless you say you are about women picking up on you, you knew fairly early on that she was in to you and you allowed it to keep on happening. You could have picked up and left the situation much earlier than you did. As I said, you didn't really do much wrong, but you did keep the situation going when it could have ended sooner.

This is very accurate.

Some may disagree with me, but you were upfront with all except the hiding of the wedding ring. Maybe you were asking for trouble by being at the bar late night on a Saturday night, but it's nice to get out of the house and enjoy a beer in public. If you have any guilt about it, tell the wife. If you feel as if you did nothing wrong and carry no guilt, let it drop. Only you understand how your wife will react and feel as if her trust has been violated.

For the record ... it was a pizza place with a bar area and some big-screen TVs all over the place (really no different than a place like Pizzaria Uno or Old Chicago) ... not really a "bar" bar (if you will) ... again, it seemed (and still seems) pretty innocent to me ... and, my logic regarding flashing my ring at her at the get-go was "I'm not moving anything; I do not want to encourage this by changing my body language" ... so, since I was sitting with my arms folded, elbows on the table (which resulted in my left hand being tucked under my right elbow), my ring was 'hidden'. I figured keeping my arms folded, leaning forward (as opposed to arms down, leaning back, shoulders turned towards her) was a pretty obvious "I'm not really into this" gesture. :wacko:

Maybe could have taken a different tack, but that is what I did and why I did it.

To me, these are the instances I like ot have fun with. Do it in Vegas/Tahoe when the opportunity arises. Spin a yarn, make up a fun story, etc. I have been a minor league ballplayer a few times, producer, entrepreneur, whatever.

In this situation, you did just fine. I don't think I could have resisted the tempatation to mess with her and ask some cliazlike questions, etc., but that's just the way I roll, and as my wife and I trust each other, no fear of jealousy. of course, I probably would have been texting my wife at the time to see if she had any questions for me to ask her, etc.