[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2021 Panic Meter

Shaft

Who are players you're worried about as we're approaching 1/3 of the season? 

I have no idea what to do with Allen Robinson. I'm probably going to drop Robby Anderson. 

ETA: I spelled "Meter" incorrectly. 

Edited by Shaft

Chris Carson, Josh Jacobs, OBJ  all 3 were expected to be regular starters, all 3 have had injuries and poor performance when healthy. 

Lucky I have some depth (Hunt, now D Williams, also Pittman/Jones at WR) to get by. But the loss of Wilson is bigger, though I don't need to agonize with decisions every week there. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Its not the players that are the problem, it's the guy submitting these suboptimal lineups that I have an issue with.  :unsure:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Shaft said:

I have no idea what to do with Allen Robinson. I'm probably going to drop Robby Anderson. 

ETA: I spelled "Meter" incorrectly. 

That's a big one. So disappointing!

Pretty much most of the WR's I drafted....

AJ Brown (lots of leagues)

A Robinson (several as well)

Gage (ditto)

Calloway (until last week... on my bench in almost every league)

Ridley (to a lesser extent)

Ayiuk

Other guys who I'm not panicking on, but was hopeful that they'd be better (should have known)....

M Sanders

Lockett (just wish he had SOME consistency... The 30-pt weeks are nice, but for every one of those, there's 3-4 duds)

Edited by Gopher

• Shaft changed the title to 2021 Panic Meter
On 10/12/2021 at 3:19 PM, stevegrab said:

Chris Carson, Josh Jacobs, OBJ  all 3 were expected to be regular starters, all 3 have had injuries and poor performance when healthy. 

Lucky I have some depth (Hunt, now D Williams, also Pittman/Jones at WR) to get by. But the loss of Wilson is bigger, though I don't need to agonize with decisions every week there. 

What’s the concern with Jacobs? He is averaging 12 points a game when healthy. Raiders offense is better than expected and Drake isn’t cutting into his workload as much as expected.

Bye week issues - I'm leaning towards giving Anderson a start. He's been on the bench each week. 

I could play Waddle over him, or pick up Reagor.....so the choices suck. 

Anderson and Kenny G are the big ones for me, and Bobby Woods would have been on this list too, but let's see if it's just a one week boom for him. 

3 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Bye week issues - I'm leaning towards giving Anderson a start. He's been on the bench each week. 

I could play Waddle over him, or pick up Reagor.....so the choices suck. 

Anderson and Kenny G are the big ones for me, and Bobby Woods would have been on this list too, but let's see if it's just a one week boom for him. 

All these situations are new QBs. Woods shouldn’t be a concern since Rams offense and Stafford look great. Defenses finally started doubling Kupp and Woods was the benificiary. Definitely concern with Kenny G who doesn’t mesh with Jones, Giants offense sucks, and is continuing his injury problems even with his fat contact. Anderson was supposed to have chemistry with Darnold but it’s just not working in this version of the Panthers offense, definitely concerned.

1 hour ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

What’s the concern with Jacobs? He is averaging 12 points a game when healthy. Raiders offense is better than expected and Drake isn’t cutting into his workload as much as expected.

You answered the question, his health is my primary concern. He had a good opening week, then missed week 2 & 3, then had a pretty low output game with less than 6 points (no PPR) and got back to decent numbers this week by scoring a TD (otherwise just 7 points). I also believe it wasn't a sure thing he was returning week 4. So he's been a gamble in your line-up to some degree, not a must start guy. 

I'm lucky that I have Hunt and now Damien Williams to fill in for Jacobs (and Carson) when they're out. Still not sure Jacobs cracks my line-up this week, as both Hunt and Williams are solid plays. 

Drake hasn't cut into his carries much, because it appears Peyton Barber is the real backup from his load in game 2. 

Oh and there's also the whole change in coaching and all that swirling around the Radiers organization. 

I'm probably a bit jaded as both my planned starting RBs for this year have struggled with injuries.