[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett Favre

rajncajn

4 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

link

Texts: Mississippi ex-governor knew of welfare payment to Favre (wlox.com)

Favre & the ex-governor of Mississippi apparently schemed and took money from the state's welfare system so Favre could build a volleyball facility for his daughter's high school team. He also tried to get money to build a football facility for USM. Basically, they stole money from the states most needy so his kid could have a fancy new gym to play in. I know that he also sunk a ton of money into building their high school a football stadium, so I've got to wonder if that was shady money as well.

I've seen some stories about it and read them. Its a sad case of political corruption which is rampant in this country and not isolated to any one party or region. We had massive corruption scandals in Cleveland some years ago where the entire county was being run on a pay to play setup, many were locked up. 

As for why it isn't bigger national news, probably because it isn't of interest to many people, or because the media isn't promoting much. Everything is mostly politics, the Queen passing, and the weather. 

It is getting attention in certain venues, but most people are criticizing how the justice system is handling the situation. In other words, some believe his celebrity status, wealth, and other aspects of his identity are getting him a free pass. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

It is getting attention in certain venues, but most people are criticizing how the justice system is handling the situation. In other words, some believe his celebrity status, wealth, and other aspects of his identity are getting him a free pass. 

Common theme,  name a celeb rinse and repeat 

12 hours ago, gijoerock said:

Should his bust be removed from the Hall of Fame and placed in the Hall of Shame?

Should it?  Maybe but have any others had their bust removed and what was the reason? 

OJ Simpson was considered guilty of murder by many despite being found not guilty in court. he was later convicted of less serious crimes, his bust was not removed. He is also invited to attend HOF Induction ceremonies, after he had been released from prison. 

As of yet Favre hasn't been convicted of anything, and he's had other issues in his past that tarnished his image.

I doubt his bust is removed, but I'm sure it will be something people talk about. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Should it?  Maybe but have any others had their bust removed and what was the reason? 

OJ Simpson was considered guilty of murder by many despite being found not guilty in court. he was later convicted of less serious crimes, his bust was not removed. He is also invited to attend HOF Induction ceremonies, after he had been released from prison. 

As of yet Favre hasn't been convicted of anything, and he's had other issues in his past that tarnished his image.

I doubt his bust is removed, but I'm sure it will be something people talk about. 

It is tough and I am usually not a fan of slippery slope arguments but this is a bit of one.  Much easier to keep someone out by just not voting them in. I have never even thought about OJ and the HOF. No one deserves it less than him. 

Edited by purplemonster

43 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Because he's white?

Very true, unfortunately. I was also going to ask if you're white but that goes without saying. 

• Haha 1

His XM radio show has been put on hold

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/34672521/siriusxm-says-radio-show-hosted-hall-fame-quarterback-brett-favre-placed-hold

Favre was a creep long before he got involved with stealing money from the poor (an interesting read)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/brett-favre-was-a-sexually-harassing-creep-long-before-allegedly-robbing-mississippis-poor

Lots of other stories out there. I guess most of the NFL media hasn't talked about it much because they all loved Favre and kissed his behind for so long. Heck you hardly even hear much about DeShaun Watson (I'm sure that will ramp up before his return in early November).

There was more attention when it was shown he harrassed Jenn Sterger, Jets employee, for almost his full time with the Jets.  Sent her dickpics, wouldn't back off.  While married.  Shows you his character.  He is a P.O.S.   

In fact, it was so weird because Jenn looked so much like Favre's wife.   Gee.... which one is Deanna Favre and which is Jenn?

jenn.jpe

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

There was more attention when it was shown he harrassed Jenn Sterger, Jets employee, for almost his full time with the Jets.  Sent her dickpics, wouldn't back off.  While married.  Shows you his character.  He is a P.O.S.   

In fact, it was so weird because Jenn looked so much like Favre's wife.   Gee.... which one is Deanna Favre and which is Jenn?

jenn.jpe

Holy hairline! 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

jenn.jpe

Exactly. This story was everywhere when it happened. Why isn't this fraud case being treated the same? I guess maybe it's not as sensational.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I guess maybe it's not as sensational.

Most likely the reason.  When the 8th RB off the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad gets arrested on weapons charges, we have a certain poster here who'll make a thread before he gets to the Popo station.  

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2022 at 1:24 PM, rajncajn said:

Why isn't this a bigger national story? It's on the news in Mississippi every single day, but the national media & sports media has hardly touched it.

Because he's not relevant and white collar crime just doesn't sell like sex and violence.  

• Like 2