[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your town

MojoMan

Football, baseball, basketball town?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What sport "runs" your city?

• NFL
    • College football
    • MLB
    • NBA
    • College basketball
    • NHL
    • Other
    • No one sport dominates
    • Puddy

I was reading about fan reaction in the ATL (enough said) and fans were saying we're Falcons fans etc. Yet, IIRC, the Braves are Atlanta's most successful franchise. So, I wondered what major sport runs Atlanta.

I've lived in Phily. That placed is owned by the Eagles.

I lived in St. Louis. That is a baseball town...plain and simple.

I live in DC...This place is driven by the Redskins. No one gives a rats ass about the Caps, the Zards, or the Nats.

I would think that if you lived in Oklahoma, it might be a college football town.

So, with which city do you self-associate and what sport runs your city? I'm not asking what you like the best; I'd imagine that that would be the NFL. I'm asking what most fans get into.

ETA: Big John, please move if inappropriate in this forum.

Edited by MojoMan

The Phoenix area is just about as fair weather as it gets I think. Right now I'd say we're an NBA town, because we've got a potential winner around. If the Cardinals were to show improvement, it would slowly become an NFL town. If the Sun Devils were to make a run at a Pac 10 Champtioship again, hello college football. If the Coyotes got good all of a sudden ... you get the picture. This city is so freakin trendy that the masses go where the grass is greener.

It's disgusting really.

Live in Boston....as great as the Patriots are, this is a baseball town....Sox dominate the news, year round.....70's, we were hockey town with the big Bad Bruins....80's, basketball with the Celtics........for now, rank it: Sox, Pats, Celtics (now that we got Garnett and Ray Allen), Bruins..

Its hard to say for Detroit. They call it Hockey Town, but the Tigers are really big right now and the Pistons have been an top tier team the last 5 years. However, the NFL is still king in Detroit, and no team gets the juices flowing more than the Lions, good or bad.

Huge college football town. But anywhere in the south is basically college football country. That said, the Titans sell out every game and is the main topic of sports talk radio now. SEC football is still a religion. But the Titans are just as strong, whether they win or lose.

Live in Boston....as great as the Patriots are, this is a baseball town....Sox dominate the news, year round.....70's, we were hockey town with the big Bad Bruins....80's, basketball with the Celtics........for now, rank it: Sox, Pats, Celtics (now that we got Garnett and Ray Allen), Bruins..

+1...but you didn't vote.

Baltimore-NFL all the way.

The Sorrioles are a poor excuse of a baseball team. I'm convinced the only reason MLB keeps them around is to provide cheap tickets for Yankee and Red Sox fans :D

Interesting Gdawg. I live in MoCo but I don't read the Sun or follow the Baltimore sports talk (I listen to 980 which is basically DC only).

I thought the Orioles had a decent following.

Its hard to say for Detroit. They call it Hockey Town, but the Tigers are really big right now and the Pistons have been an top tier team the last 5 years. However, the NFL is still king in Detroit, and no team gets the juices flowing more than the Lions, good or bad.

I think I agree with this but this is also a Tiger Town. Last Fall was unbelievable in the Detroit area. Tiger mania was and is at an all time high probably in a tie with 1984 and 1968. Yes Lion talk is very passionate but top to bottom, young to old, across all races, men to women I think the Tigers are king especially when they are winning but even when they were losing we still care, granted it's hard to tell but it's there.

Wings and Pistons are right up there but just not at that level.

I would say Lions / Tigers tied for #1, Wings and Pistons probably tied for 3rd. Detroit Shock are probably 5th (Just kidding). Colleges are big but not as big in other parts of the country or in the local area as Egret mentions about State.