[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Serious Need for Some Huddle Vibes/Prayers/Thoughts

Hugh 0ne

The daughter of one of my closest friend's from growing up is very sick and going in for major surgery, so if you have any positive vibes they sure could use them. Here's her story if you're so inclined:

Julia was a perfectly healthy two-and-a-half year old girl when she experienced her first seizure on September 3, 2010 at 3am, 1,800 miles from home in a tent while camping with her family in Colorado. Eight months and five hospitals later, Julia has been diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disorder known as Rasmussen’s Encephalit...is , and has been recommended for surgery to remove half of her brain. Following her first seizure in September 2010, Julia progressed rapidly to living with constant, intense tremor-like seizures. Julia also suffered through as many as fifty partial-complex seizures per day.

Julia is scheduled for a hemispherectomy in mid May at Johns Hopkins Hospital. A hemispherectomy is a surgical procedure whereby one-half of the brain is removed or disconnected. The purpose of the hemispherectomy is to remove the impacted half. The short-term side effect of the surgery will be devastating, including paralysis and loss of speech, but with concentrated physical, occupational, and speech therapies, a patient faces an excellent prognosis for recovery.

:wacko:

Story about her and a fundraiser for her this past weekend made the newspaper as well: http://www.northjersey.com/topstories/orad...stwood_gym.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man just heartbreaking . Lets keep our eye on the prize and send big prayers to her and the family for a great recover and prognosis after this surgery which is just agonizing to her family. Big prayers sent fron NJ. Please keep us posted Hugh

All my prayers for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery, Hughy.

I can't believe how incredibly rare this is....only 200 cases in the US since 1958?? :wacko: Holy Moly. It will be a long, tough recovery for Julia. I hope she can 'rejuvenate' all the connections she needs with the other half. What a brave family....all my best!