[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JulieB one more time

Big F'n Dave

Update 3: And it's good news. The heart catheterization they did last week came back clear - no blockages. The doc wasn't surprised as he didn't expect to find anything there anyway. He's sticking by his original diagnosis of congestive heart failure caused by a viral infection. Talked to my GP last week and told him I was interested in seeking a second opinion. He encouraged me to do so and set us up with another cardiologist who we saw today.

He confirmed the CHF diagnosis of the first doc, but he also cleared up some major questions that I had following my two conversations with the original cardio. The numbers given us during her first visit were alarming. He said her heart was pumping at less than 50, then following last Wednesday's cath, he said it was pumping at 30-35 (and that it had been as low as 15 during her first office visit). I'm assuming this number is a percent out of 100, ya know. The cardio we saw today says that it's a number used to indicate the heart's pumping strength (he compared it to horsepower) and said the normal heart typically functions at 55-60. So, while 30-35 is low (and 15 was frighteningly low), it wasn't quite as bad as we originally thought.

He also said the condition was likely caused by a viral infection, though there's no way to confirm this. He suggested slight changes to the meds regimen prescribed by Doc One, so we're not real sure what to do with that.

But the most positive news of all is that he thinks that JulieB's condition will continue to improve. He wants to see her again in three months and said he wouldn't be surprised to see her "heart horsepower" number significantly higher. :D

Thanks again for the all the prayers, thoughts and well-wishes, Huddlers. We really appreciated them.

Edited by Big F'n Dave