[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good vibes and prayers needed

nogohawk

Not usually the type to bring up personal issues at the nogo family ... but it's been a rough few weeks.

Last Friday we found out my MIL has cancer - mainly liver, pancreas, gall bladder, and a few other organs. They are giving her only a few more weeks with us, but it could be days. They told us her liver should not be functioning given the tumors they are seeing, but once it shuts down it will end quickly. She is beyond surgery or chemo, the most they can do is keep her comfortable. We are working with the Hospice folks and personal nursing asst. to get her set up at home. We hope to get her there later this week.

About a month ago, my Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer - they removed a mass but were not able to get it all. They immediately started his chemo treatments and it almost killed him. We had him back in the hospital for a week and now he is back home. His strength is returning and so are his spirits. They just started his chemo back up at a reduced level and he seems to be holding his own.

Needless to say, stress levels are running high.

Any good vibes or prayers from my Huddle brethren would be appreciated.

ETA - Pat's Mom passed away quietly on Sunday (6/28) morning with her family around her at home. We were able to bring her home from the hospital on Wed. with the assistance of Visiting Nurses & Hospice care. All of us had been at a graduation party on Sat. for our neice & nephew at her sisters. She had met with the Hospice nurse earlier in the day and they noticed she had started her "transition". When Pat had stopped back around 8 PM to administer her medication, she had slipped farther. By 10 PM calls went out to the family and by 2 AM she was gone.

It was a blessing she went quickly and peacefully - all of the family had spent time with her in the days before when she was still conscious & alert. And they all were there with her in the end.

A great big thanks to my Huddle family for your thoughts and prayers - it meant a lot to us!

Doug / nogo

Edited by nogohawk

Geez Nogo, I wish you and your family the best. Hang in there.