[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Margarita Poll

DMD

The Margarita Poll  

94 members have voted

1. 1. A Margarita is

• Masculine - it has tequila for god's sake
    • Neutral - just a drink
    • Feminine - Fruit flavored and slushy - chick drink

I am interested in what the concensus is. I had the privilege of having a few drinks with Darin and ABearWithFurniture on Firday and when I finally returned to my hotel room later that evening, my wife asked me what I drank. I told her since we just got a margarita machine and I discoverd how much I like them and it was on the hot side, I had drank margaritas. Her response was something along the lines of "did they comment on you drinking a girl's drink?".

I did not, nor do I now consider a margarita a girls drink. She may have been just messing with me because I had been out drinking without her but I think she believed it.

Jimmy Buffet and all. I think maybe it is manly now that I think of it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with neutral, since there's so much variation in the term "margarita" - rainbow-colored, watered-down slush? A bit girly, IMO. On the rocks, salt on the rim, and hey, why not make it a double? Manly enough for most, IMO.

There should be an option for - "who cares, they get the job done & damn tasty doing it."

You could do it the manly way & have it one the rocks instead of slushy.

+1 on all counts. Why would someone ask to water down their drink with blended ice?

Ask for a skinny dip. It's basically a purist margarita. Double shot of high grade tekillya with muddled limes and a dash of cointreau.

There should be an option for - "who cares, they get the job done & damn tasty doing it."

You could do it the manly way & have it one the rocks instead of slushy.

:wacko: And Hitman once said in the skybox about your pina colladas.

I drank something at Margaritaville last week called a Bahama Mama. I admit I felt rather weird ordering such a thing. It was frozen too...and tasty.

I am very interested about what margarita maker you bought and a review on how well it crushes, shaves ice. I am determined to buy a good one or a blender that works great one of these days.

What was the brand of maker you bought? I was looking at one at BJ's which is like your Costco probably. It was stainless and only $70. Drink what you want. The only unmanly thing you're guilty of is given a crap what anyone else thinks.

Was it this one?

Blender

I'll drink them frozen, if that's what's available (especially in summer) but I prefer them on the rocks (no salt for me). And I'm um, a girl, so I guess you should go by that. :wacko:

Make mine with Sauza Hornitos or Conmemmorativo and a splash of Grand Marnier, please.

I'll drink them frozen, if that's what's available (especially in summer) but I prefer them on the rocks (no salt for me). And I'm um, a girl, so I guess you should go by that. :wacko:

Make mine with Sauza Hornitos or Conmemmorativo and a splash of Grand Marnier, please.

Hornitos is a fine one to use. Good stuff, but not so expensive that you feel stupid mixing it.

Men should not drink frozen drinks period. On the rocks it's ok, but I'd just take shots if I still drank. Tekillya maid me do real stupid things.

+1 I can drink a Margarita or two, but straight up Tekillya make me an idiot.

I'll drink them frozen, if that's what's available (especially in summer) but I prefer them on the rocks (no salt for me). And I'm um, a girl, so I guess you should go by that. :D

Yeah, but you're a girl who loves football too. :wacko:

At our place Men order Margaritas all the time. 90 % of the time it is on the rocks. We have a tropical station that the waitresses run that serves them frozen so I dont often see how many get ordered frozen. It is funny you should post this because lately my drink of choice has been Margarita on the rocks when I am making stuff at home. I dont use the Margarita mix. I use Cuervo/Triple sec/ Sour mix and lime juice. Then I float some grand Marnier on the top. Friggin delicious. My friend bought me 1800 Gold Tequila for my brithday. The other day I was out of Cuervo and used that. It was great. Maragritas are a great drink , especially in the summer, and the tequila gets you hammered. Order it with no reservations and enjoy.

Edited by whomper