[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Update

Clubfoothead

I want to thank everyone again for everything. If there's ever anyone in need around here, I'll do everything I can to return the favor. I tried to before so it ain't much but it's the best I've got.

We went in on Thursday morning for the sonogram. He kept saying "nice". I was getting excited when he said that after "skin on the neck" and everything was clipping along swiftly. I was hoping he didn't slow down and about the time I thought that he went back to the heart and stayed on it for about 5 minutes before moving on. There's a hole in the baby's heart so he advised we do the amnio thing. It was explained to us that not all babies with this heart problems have Downs but that most babies with Downs have this type of heart problem. As long as Downs was a possibility, the "lethal" T-13, T-18 and I think T-21 needed to be ruled out. So they did that and we would get some of the results back late Friday or today. My wife was to be on bed rest until today and he looked at me and said it was my job to keep her in bed until Monday.

Got the call from the lab about 2:00 today with the big results. No bad Ts and no Downs. We are supposed to hear from them again later this week concerning the G something and then one more set of results next week. I'm pretty superstitious but today's news was as good as we could have hoped for.

The try and keep things pretty general with me as I tend to go on information overload. They aren't quite sure yet but they think the hole is in the atrium. Apparently most kids with these types of holes don't even require medical intervention. Most of these holes grow closed and if not and they are large enough, they can fix the holes in the atrium with a heart cath. The ventricle holes are a little worse as if they don't grow closed, the corrective measure requires open heart surgery. If that's as bad as things get then it'll feel like winning the lottery given the way things have been going.

I haven't slept much in the past week I guess and by that I mean I've been getting less than my usual 4-5 hours of sleep a night so I'm not going to be around too much longer tonight, I'm finally tired. Thank you for everything.

:D

Edited by Clubfoothead

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the call from the lab about 2:00 today with the big results. No bad Ts and no Downs. We are supposed to hear from them again later this week concerning the G something and then one more set of results next week. I'm pretty superstitious but today's news was as good as we could have hoped for.

F'n excellent!! :D:D

Good news. In our family, we've had a premature nephew, and then another cousin...they diagnosed her hole in the heart about the same time here. She's had numerous procedures, but she's doing just great...they can do wonders today, my friend. Keep the faith, and keep your wife as positive as possible--that makes all the difference in the world.