[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well hello everyone, please read

DMD

On 11/10/2022 at 3:48 AM, DMD said:

In light of the latest squabbles and blah-blah-blah, let me wrap a bow around this situation.

I don't have time to police here, and I don't like to do it. I will ban people that talk poorly to each other. No warnings. Just a shrug of the shoulders and click a box on their profile.

Is there a clear cut way to know what is allowed or not? Nope. It's pretty much if I see something that crosses that imaginary line in my head, I'll just ban the poster and go on with my life. Is that fair? Don't care.  It is to me.  Think you might cross a line? One way to find out. Is someone else being bad? I'll get to them when I can.

I have to fight to keep this board alive. It is 100% here only because of me - no other huddle staff come here. I like to talk about football, I like sharing information. I like gaining entertainment from the board. I have plenty of people here I consider friends that I've known for up to 25 years.

Most of the world moved on to Twitter..  Back in the day, this place was Twitter where people knew each other and a huge sea of people would read information and opinion on here. We're dwindling down to a handful of posters that want to make this about themselves and who they do not like. We should all be concerned if certain people that pay for this board came here and see what they are paying for.

I'm not going to beat this horse to death anymore. Here are the two rules for the board ongoing.

1. Feel free to post fantasy football information, reply and offer advice to people that want it. Have fun that doesn't detract from others enjoyment. I enjoy that part immensely.

2. If you want to write anything derogatory about someone else, start fights, insult members, or detract from other's enjoyment (in my sole opinion), then S-T-F-U and get out. No warnings or temporary suspensions. 

Thanks in advance

DMD

image.png.4e11013f3c2840a88e0d025805f48e9a.png 

image.png.03285c4ddd293247cc051d144276428d.png

• Confused 1

On 11/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, Wubammer said:

There's a lot of passion in fantasy football, lots of opinions as well. Bottom line is respect, have fun, throw shade, but ultimately respect for each other. I never post, just ask the odd question in the advice column....whatever happened to that Axel F guy?.....

DO NOT say that three times....

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I’m one of those guys that moved to Twitter where I enjoy a decent following. I talk mostly politics there but I do have a decent FF following as well. I’d like to think most of us here are civil enough to not cross that line in the turf, unfortunately there will always be the few that do. Glad to see a lot of the OG’s are still here. :oldrazz: I’ve been busy staying sober (4yrs now) as shocking as that may be to some lol. 

I’m going to make a concerted effort to engage more here in the very near future. 

Can we still run through threads naked? Cause that’s sorta my thing 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

I’m one of those guys that moved to Twitter where I enjoy a decent following. I talk mostly politics there but I do have a decent FF following as well. I’d like to think most of us here are civil enough to not cross that line in the turf, unfortunately there will always be the few that do. Glad to see a lot of the OG’s are still here. :oldrazz: I’ve been busy staying sober (4yrs now) as shocking as that may be to some lol. 

I’m going to make a concerted effort to engage more here in the very near future. 

Hey there Taz!  Looking forward to your naked jaunts through threads. Good to see you around. Glad to here about your 4 years of freedom, I know it's not easy. It's a daily grind and some days the demons are extra strong. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Good to see you still hangin in there Taz. Your buddy in your avy was here in town not too long ago. A friend snapped a pic of him at a local eatery.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 9:10 AM, darin3 said:

Bump.  Seems like some of you have forgotten this ultra-important announcement.  :shrug:

I find stuff easy to ignore (without using the ignore feature) and sometimes entertaining to toy with.  It's not a problem for me, but the apparent solution seems pretty obvious.  There is only one poster who is always in the middle of every slap and tickle fight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I find stuff easy to ignore (without using the ignore feature) and sometimes entertaining to toy with.  It's not a problem for me, but the apparent solution seems pretty obvious.  There is only one poster who is always in the middle of every slap and tickle fight.

Tell e'm Bobby, you're a real Man. No ignore button needed. 🐀

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Completely agree here. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

:oldunsure:

:shrug: 

Imagine being so blisteringly angry on a message board all the time that you lash out at pretty much every poster.  Who the hell has that kind of time/energy to want to spend it so negatively?  Seriously...

image.png.6b34e5399d83cd802b939ce89c40b857.png

If you're interactions are consistently not good, maybe consider this is either not the forum for you or reflect on what you can do to make the interactions positive.  Otherwise, you really are just a troll.  

Though I do partially blame your boss Joe for closing up the AngryGuys forums, forcing some to find new bridges. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Though I do partially blame your boss Joe for closing up the AngryGuys forums, forcing some to find new bridges. 

:lol:  Yeah I never went into their Political forum.  Maybe once, to mention something about a local politician who I was friends with who was anti-vax who happened to die from Covid.

Anyways.

I come to this and other boards to be entertained and enjoy myself with (mostly) like-minded people.

The trash that is going on here is absolutely depressing since this place was like nothing else 15-ish years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Imagine being so blisteringly angry on a message board all the time that you lash out at pretty much every poster.  Who the hell has that kind of time/energy to want to spend it so negatively?  Seriously...

image.png.6b34e5399d83cd802b939ce89c40b857.png

If you're interactions are consistently not good, maybe consider this is either not the forum for you or reflect on what you can do to make the interactions positive.  Otherwise, you really are just a troll.  

Wait, Darin works for Angry Guys?

• DMD unpinned this topic