[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's See Those Summer Vacation Plans

Chargerz

Some have already posted their summer vacation plans, but it's still early. We're just going to Palm Springs for a few days this month and spending a week at Carlsbad beach in August.

Where are you spending your vacation this summer? Any big plans?? :wacko:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a week planned with the wife's family (all of them including the neice and nephew) in the Outer Banks at Kill Devil Hills. That's Kitty Hawk of Orville and Wilbur Wright fame for those that don't know. I'm still not sure if this is a vacation or punishment. :wacko:

Were going out to Riverside, California for a week at the end of July for a wedding. We will probably hit the beach, Disneyland and a Dodgers game. We are thinking about going to Kansas City or Detroit when the Twins visit in August.

In the middle of our month-long visit with my inlaws near Zurich, Switzerland. Spent a week in Provence visiting my wife's aunt and uncle and will spend a week in Appenzell starting on Thursday. It's a rough life, but I'm managing.

Some have already posted their summer vacation plans, but it's still early. We're just going to Palm Springs for a few days this month and spending a week at Carlsbad beach in August.

Where are you spending your vacation this summer? Any big plans?? :wacko:

You do know we're running around 110 degrees right now?

It's not going to be cooling off anytime soon but on the plus side the golf courses have some great rates right now.

You do know we're running around 110 degrees right now?

It's not going to be cooling off anytime soon but on the plus side the golf courses have some great rates right now.

No problem. I'll play early golf & then hang out by ( and in) the pool.

Stayed at the All Inclusive RIU Palace in Cabo San Lucas for my birthday in June.

Going to the Aleyska Resort in Alaska for 6 days in August.

6 days in Las Vegas in September at the Mandalay Bay (part business/part pleasure)

Taking a 10 day Caribbean Cruise from December 29 - January 8 (this one should be great over New Years Eve!)

A great year for vacations!

We were going to go to Indy for the children's museum. They have a cool Lego and Star Wars exhibit there. We were then going to go to Cincy for the zoo and King's Island. We crunched the numbers and it was a little cheaper for us to go to Disney World again. We bought annual passes last year to get the room discount, so our tickets are still good. It also got us another room discount.

I'm also planning on taking my four-year-old son on his first camping trip. There's a state park about a half hour from our house. We'll stay a night or two there to get his first "camping" experience.

Just spent a week at the Wyndham Sea Gardens resort in Pompano Beach, FL. Not a bad little place... 3-4 pools, room was a 2-minute walk from the beach (which was very nice/convenient), cool little tiki bar next to one of the pools, etc. My BIL and I thought long and hard about driving about an hour south and playing golf at the "Blue Monster" course, at the Doral Resort and Spa (one of the annual PGA tour stops). But, the weather didn't appear to be wanting to cooperate, and we figured dropping somewhere in the range of $125-200 (depending on what time we played) was a little much to just get rained out halfway through. We ended up staying and playing locally (here), and sure enough, got SOAKED during an afternoon thunderstorm... started raining on the 9th tee, and by the time we realized that it wasn't just going to "pass through", it was too late. :wacko: Played 18 earlier in the week here... neither one was anything special, but for summer rates of $21 and $36 each, respectively, we couldn't complain. The Oaks Course at the Palm-Aire resort appeared to be fairly wide open, but the Bermuda rough made it quite challenging, actually.

My wife and I will be spending this weekend here for our 5th wedding anniversary. It's pricey, for sure, but we both figured it's a pretty special occasion, so why not do something we wouldn't normally do. We got the unlimited golf package for Saturday/Sunday as well, so I've already made tee times to play both of their 18-hole course, one each day. Two afternoon tee times will fit in perfectly with me trying to catch the British Open in the morning. :D

The following weekend, I'll be joining my wife's three brothers for our annual trout fishing trip at Mammoth Lakes, CA. I'll be taking a 4-5 hour drive through Yosemite to get there... the views on the way, as well as at Mammoth Lakes, are phenomenal. It is also home to the highest golf course in California at over 8000 feet (Link). Awesome course which I hope to play at least twice while I'm up there.

Then, the first week in August, we'll be road-tripping from CA to MN for a week of camping and relaxation with my parents, three brothers, and their familiies (with more than likely a couple more rounds of golf mixed in). Normally, we always fly back to MN, but since we'll be camping/golfing, we figured we'd drive this time, in order to be able to bring everything we want to bring with. I've made the trip a couple of times, and with two drivers, it's not that bad. Leaving Friday afternoon, we should be able to arrive by Sunday morning (including a brief hotel stay on Friday or Saturday night, but not both). Plus, it gives us a chance to road-trip with the new Toyota Highlander we purchased a few months back. :D

Lots of golf and lots of summer trips for us, usually... with my wife working in the school system and having about a two-month break, mid-June to mid-August just works out the best for us to take trips, so we try to take advantage of it as much as possible. :D